airtraffic

Author Topic: Looking to bring back KTPA  (Read 5199 times)

Offline kyle172

Looking to bring back KTPA
« on: April 10, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
I'm looking at bringing back KTPA or KTPA Approach at least. I currently feed a flightradar24 from my RaspberryPI. Is there a way to feed to LiveATC using Raspberry PI? I have read on the forums but they don't give much information on it.

Offline slashDevSlashNull

Re: Looking to bring back KTPA
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:42:33 AM »
I’d love to have KTPA back! If there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know. I’m an IT person and a ham. I’m happy to help with technical stuff if needed. Also willing to donate if that’s helpful. I’ll send you a PM with my email address. I’d host it myself but I’m down in Bradenton.

Offline grapkoski

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 01:58:20 PM »
I actually just wrote into LiveATC to see if we can support a feed from our office in Westshore, so I'd love to help however we can. As a frequent flyer, I miss having access to the feed.

Offline grapkoski

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
Back on air!  :-D

Offline grapkoski

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
I feel like the TPA tower frequency is just off. I've only heard traffic and not the tower controllers.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 06:31:43 PM »
I feel like the TPA tower frequency is just off. I've only heard traffic and not the tower controllers.

What you're hearing is actually correct. The following airports are all at ATC Zero:

KDAB
KEYW
KMCO
KMLB
KPIE
KRSW
KSRQ
KTPA

their respective TRACONs are also shut down. The only one that is up at the moment is the Key West RAPCON, as their are Navy.

BL.

Offline grapkoski

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 04:55:58 PM »
At the time I was listening, the tower was still functioning - it was before they went ATC Zero. I've actually noticed this since the primary feed source changed.

TPA Ground and App/Dep are fine, just TPA tower that has the issue.