airtraffic

Author Topic: LiveATC iPhone App Now Available  (Read 128631 times)

Offline bmctigue

Re: LiveATC iPhone App Now Available
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »
Hi Suave,

You can just hit the More button again to go to the More screen. In general, when you are navigating in any tab section like More, Favorites, etc, the views are stacking one on top the other. By tapping the tab button repeatedly, you remove the latest view on the stack of views. So you can always hit a tab button twice to go back to a previous screen. This is useful, because you will generally go back to the last view you were looking at in each tab if you click on different tabs. Hope that makes sense,

Bruce

Offline O.B.

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
hey folks,

i got the liveatc app a few days ago... it all worked fine so far. but now there aren't any channels neither in the "Countries" nor in the "USA" tab.

TOP50, HF & U.S. ARTCC still work...

hope someone can tell me something about that bug.

greets from germany, O.B.  :-)

Offline njs5225

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
this may have been gone over in previous posts. But are there any apps, or ways to listen to liveatc.net on blackberry (storm)??

Offline O.B.

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2009, 04:53:28 AM »
Well  after simply reinstalling the app (dave told me via email) everything works fine :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
Background playing is already in v1.3, due out in a few weeks.

Offline Saabeba

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »
Hi Dave,

I listen to the app while driving.  Can you provide options so that the app opens into the stream that you left it at last? I  usually listen to KJKF tower, and it now requires three touches to get to listeneing (going through my favorites) versus going in with one touch when opening the app.  It makes a difference when driving.

Awesome job on the stability of the channels while listening.

Thanks.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
Will certainly add it to the enhancement list.  Another option is to simply start listening before you start driving.  Even safer.  :-)

Hi Dave,

I listen to the app while driving.  Can you provide options so that the app opens into the stream that you left it at last? I  usually listen to KJKF tower, and it now requires three touches to get to listeneing (going through my favorites) versus going in with one touch when opening the app.  It makes a difference when driving.

Awesome job on the stability of the channels while listening.

Thanks.

Offline Saabeba

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
 :lol:

The phone calls interrupt and I will listen to news before turning on the app.  I appreciate it.  Only thing I can think of to make it easier to use.  Thanks for the airport maps and the top 50 feeds.

Will certainly add it to the enhancement list.  Another option is to simply start listening before you start driving.  Even safer.  :-)

Offline WEStJet91DL

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
is there some way you could get it to keep playing while navigating different parts of the iTouch/iPhone? like how the standard ipod app does? just an idea..  :-D

I don't know of any audio player besides the iPod player that is allowed to do that.  You have to be as cool as Apple (and own the platform) to be able to do that.  :-)

Version 1.1 (in final testing) of LiveATC Air Radio keeps the stream playing when you navigate around the app looking for another feed to tune in. 
I guess you guys ARE as cool as Apple.  8-) :wink:

Offline shortboarder

« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
A humble request for future versions: recording. 

Extra credit: keep a 15-30 second cache of the current audio feed in memory, and have a "flash" record feature that saves the cached audio to a file.

I regularly hear exchanges that I wish I could archive (and ultimately post here), but I'm never recording continuously, and I'm usually listening via the iPhone rather than my desktop.

Thanks for all the great work - it's a rock solid app!

Offline shortboarder

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Are there archives other than the select recordings in the forums?

The feeders don't have any legal right over the use of the material that they are plucking out of the air. I can easily record feeds on my computer 24/7 if I really wanted to. (Linking to feeds or providing feeds without crediting and/or having LiveATC's permission is another matter altogether)

Check out the iPhone app Scanner911 - you can record feeds from hundreds of sources.

Offline shortboarder

« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
Found the archives - learned something new today. Very cool...

Offline toeknee25

• My twitter page
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »
Don't know if its possible but it would be great if you could the quick scroll feature in the USA and Countries list. It's similar to what the contacts app has to quickly get to say T instead of having to flick the screen forever :D

Offline Gerardius

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
Great, thanks, I got it a few minutes ago... but I can't find airports from Spain. Why?

Offline jettechfsr

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
Love the IPhone App would love one for the Galaxy Tab Android :)

Offline scangwinnett

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
Besides being able to listen using your phone's built-in player, you can also listen using the Scanner Radio app by adding a links to your favorite LiveATC feeds in the Custom Scanners section (click on Browse, then on Custom Scanners, and then select Add from the menu).

-- Gordon (creator of the Android Scanner Radio app)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »

The LiveATC app for Android will be entering a private beta soon.  It should be launched some time in the next 30 days or so.

Offline Phlux

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2011, 07:57:19 AM »
Hi Dave,

Sorry to be a broken record, but is the Blackberry app anywhere close to beta?  I know the BB platform is a pain, so if it isn't on the horizon it's no biggie.  The mobile site is working fine for me.  Just curious.... :-D

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:03 AM »
Hi Dave,

Sorry to be a broken record, but is the Blackberry app anywhere close to beta?  I know the BB platform is a pain, so if it isn't on the horizon it's no biggie.  The mobile site is working fine for me.  Just curious.... :-D

Summer timeframe.  Android is first.  And yes, the platform is a bit of a pain.  :-)

Offline Phlux

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
Roger that.  Thanks for the update.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »

Summer timeframe.  Android is first.  

Looking forward to the Android app as the Mobile Version on my EVO is having issues...feeds play for a few seconds then click off and I get error message "Sorry, this video cannot be played"...   :?

Are you thinking summer for that as well?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:05:30 PM by joeyb747 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
No, it will be released in the next 30-45 days, barring any unforeseen issues in testing.  That is all the info I can provide right now.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »
No, it will be released in the next 30-45 days, barring any unforeseen issues in testing.  That is all the info I can provide right now.

Right on!  8-)

Thanks!

Offline Marty Becker

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
Are there plans to have the iPhone app to support the Apple AirPlay functionality?