Author Topic: LiveATC iOS App Mobile Data Usage  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Cheesecake

LiveATC iOS App Mobile Data Usage
« on: May 08, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »
Hello guys!
I'd like to use the iOS app at my local airport while spotting. Has anybody ever used it on cellular? If so, do you know how many mb's it uses per minute? I have a restricted amount in my contract :-(

Offline tyketto

Re: LiveATC iOS App Mobile Data Usage
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »
Hello guys!
I'd like to use the iOS app at my local airport while spotting. Has anybody ever used it on cellular? If so, do you know how many mb's it uses per minute? I have a restricted amount in my contract :-(

I use it on 4G all the time, and don't have a problem with it whatsoever. The bandwidth used is rather minimal, although I'm not sure if you can track it down to the minute. The last time I reset the stats on my iPhone was at least 5 months ago. Since then, I've used less than 500MB on it, and that includes having it on to/from work (45 minute drive each way).

BL.

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »
Hello guys!

I use it on 4G all the time, and don't have a problem with it whatsoever. The bandwidth used is rather minimal, although I'm not sure if you can track it down to the minute. The last time I reset the stats on my iPhone was at least 5 months ago. Since then, I've used less than 500MB on it, and that includes having it on to/from work (45 minute drive each way).

BL.

Thank you very much for your reply! Doesen't seem like much.  I'll try it :-)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
Each feed typically only uses 16-18kbps of data.  You can do some math from there depending on how often and long you listen.  It should not be a problem on most mobile data plans.

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
Each feed typically only uses 16-18kbps of data.  You can do some math from there depending on how often and long you listen.  It should not be a problem on most mobile data plans.

That really isn't much. I'm happy now :-)