airtraffic

Author Topic: LiveATC in the news  (Read 6481 times)

Offline mrblack

LiveATC in the news
« on: August 06, 2005, 05:07:22 PM »
Anyone else see this mention of LiveATC.net?  

Quote from a front page story in the Halifax Herald newspaper in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Saturday, August 6, 2005:

"Pan Pan Pan, KLM 691. . . . We have a low-fuel emergency," the KLM pilot told Toronto air traffic controllers. "Declaring a low fuel emergency, KLM 691."

The controllers radioed back, asking the minimum length of runway needed, suggesting Hamilton's airport, west of Pearson, according to a tape of the air traffic controllers at Pearson on Liveatc.net.

The website, which included a tape download of the chatter between controllers and pilots the day of the Air France crash, is used by airline enthusiasts, including pilots.

On the tape, the KLM pilot, in a calm voice, said "We need . . . left turn into Syracuse . . . We've got it (lined up)."

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
LiveATC in the news
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »
No, thank you for posting it, I was unaware of it.  I believe this has been brought up in an earlier topic in another scenerio.

http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399

Quote from: dave
I would prefer we not contact the media ourselves.

If they do contact us (and I have never been contacted so far) then the protocol should be to refer them to the FAA.  I would prefer for this site to not be the source of any audio as far as the press goes.  What individuals choose to do is their own business, but I get the feeling the FAA may get miffed about it.

-Dave

Offline IndyTower

LiveATC in the news
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 11:46:46 PM »
I should have copywrited the clip so I could make some money off of it.  Just kidding. ;)

In all honestly, I'm flattered.  Pretty cool that the site was in the paper.