Author Topic: Live atc on iPhone  (Read 18999 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Live atc on iPhone
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
I would like to know the app thAt we need to  download to get live atc feeds to your iPhone.
Thanks,
Chananya

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Live atc on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
We have an iPhone app coming fairly soon.  For now I recommend FStream to listen to the feeds on an iPhone.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline ChrisKJXN

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
Yeah, FStream is what I'm using now.  Works great!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:52:52 PM »
3 of them that I have:

Tuner. Works great.
FSTream. a bit buggy, but works.
Internet Radiobox. Works great, but may be a bit of a battery hog.

FStream and Internet Radiobox are free.

BL.

Offline Eleventeen

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:19:45 AM »
FStream is great other than the fact that you have to manually enter the addresses, but once you have them bookmarked you can listen to your favorites all day long.

I love the Wunderradio app *most* of the time but the LiveATC 'hack' to make it work per se is a little kludgy. The built-in browser in the app loads the LiveATC page S O - S L O W L Y that most of the time I give up on it. That and it appears with newer versions you can't directly input a link address anymore.

Offline CantPutt9

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
We have an iPhone app coming fairly soon.  For now I recommend FStream to listen to the feeds on an iPhone.

Thanks,
Dave

Do you know if it will be a paid or free app?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »
It will be a paid app.

Offline bueller

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
It will be a paid app.

I'm guessing the app will be itouch compatible as well?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
It will be a paid app.

I'm guessing the app will be itouch compatible as well?

Absolutely.

Offline nihal.mehta@gmail.com

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »
Do you have a date when this app will be available on itunes?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »
No date available yet - but very soon.  Pending approval by Apple - app should be submitted in a day or two.

Offline EdmontonFireRadio

• VE6EFR
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 12:59:37 AM »
Out of curiosity, will other apps still be able to access liveATC.net? The reason that I ask is that I currently use ooTunes Radio to listen to the LiveATC audio feeds (it's built into the app) as well as Scan America, Shoutcast, Icecast and others.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 06:36:56 AM »
The feeds will not be allowed from commercial applications that steal the catalog of feeds and publish them as their own - that is against the Terms of Service.  Applications that access via the web site may continue to be allowed.

The LiveATC app will be priced under $5 - I don't think it will cause any iPhone user financial hardship.  And for the majority of listeners here, most of whom have never made a donation to the operation of this site, this will be a way to donate.

Dave

Offline EdmontonFireRadio

• VE6EFR
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
The ooTunes Radio app actually uses it's built in web browser in order to listen to feeds via LiveATC.net. What a user would need to do in order to listen to the feeds is click on the LiveATC bookmark which takes that user to the LiveATC website on the device (specifically to this page - http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php in it's entirety. The user then would navigate that page just as if they were sitting on their pc. LiveATC.net gets full credit as anyone that wants to listen to the feeds gets pointed to the website in order for that person to make a selection of what they would like to listen to.

I am not the creator of this software, just a user. However I do know the person that created the application. I will let him know about this thread in case there are any further concern about the way ooTunes Radio accesses the feeds so he can address them directly.

The feeds will not be allowed from commercial applications that steal the catalog of feeds and publish them as their own - that is against the Terms of Service.  Applications that access via the web site may continue to be allowed.

Offline danjeffries

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »
Good idea!  I have been following LiveATC for a long time, and think it is a worthy donation, just never got around to it.  Buying the iPhone app will work well to make the overdue donation.  Thanks

Offline onesierrawhiskey

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »
PE, whatever the price is, it's well deserved. Thanks for the app, can't wait to have it.