Author Topic: Listening with Winamp 5.2 and Mozilla Firefox  (Read 6223 times)

Offline jjbiv

Listening with Winamp 5.2 and Mozilla Firefox
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »
Has anyone else had trouble listening to feeds with the latest version of Winamp (5.2)?  Once I load a .m3u file, Winamp flashes through [connecting] and rests on [connecting to host] forever.  I've checked Winamp's settings and my internet connection; and, Windows Media Player plays the feeds just fine.  I never had this problem with earlier versions of Winamp, but have not yet tried reverting to an earlier version.  Not a big deal since I can still listen, but I'm curious if anyone else has tried the latest Winamp and/or had this issue.

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:03:38 PM »
I recently updated to 5.2 and haven't had any problems.

If you're using a proxy make sure you uncheck 'Use proxy only for port 80 URLs' in General Preferences.

Offline jjbiv

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »
Do you happen to have Mozilla Firefox installed on your computer?  I do (v. 1.5.0.1) and found this thread over on the Winamp forums which may develop into an answer for my problem: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=c54197de347ef909e01c93b8f7c7c59d&threadid=239004

Just wondering ;-)

Thanks,

Joe

Offline jjbiv

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
If anyone else runs into this issue, reverting to Winamp 5.13 (see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1855648) after completely uninstalling Winamp 5.2 by running the uninstaller found in Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and then deleting what was left in the Winamp directory fixed the issue for me.

Joe

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 12:15:52 PM »
Yes, I only use Firefox, though I have IE installed (despite what M$ says, you can't really uninstall IE).

That's kinda bizarre you're having that problem with it.  Did you install the full version of Winamp?  (winamp52_full_emusic-7plus.exe)

Offline jjbiv

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 07:43:49 PM »
I agree; trying to uninstall IE is like trying to perform heart surgery on yourself.

Yes, I did install the full version of Winamp.  I'm chocking it up to a faulty Winamp version.  Looking at their forums, it seems 5.2 wasn't ready to be released when it was.  V. 5.13 works well with LiveATC and my setup here.

Joe