Author Topic: Listening on Blackberry  (Read 15190 times)

Offline delta092b

Listening on Blackberry
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »
I was searching the Blackberry App store today on my Blackberry and came across an app called BB Scanner that is a bit like liveatc.net but for fire/police/emergency.

Anyway, I installed it and entered in the URL for my feed and it worked :) I did a search on the forum here and couldn't find a reference to it, so I thought I'd drop a note to everyone.

At least now I can check that my feed is working when I'm away from home.

Offline reape

Re: Listening on Blackberry
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:36 AM »
This worked perfectly!

Thanks
Tim

Offline EdmontonFireRadio

• VE6EFR
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
You can do the same thing on an iPhone or iPod Touch using a program called Active Scanner. With that app you can listen to up to 4 feeds at a time. The app will scan across them and when there is activity it will pause, letting you hear the audio. When the transmission ends it will then resume scan.

Offline jsapyta

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:38 PM »
You can do the same thing on an iPhone or iPod Touch using a program called Active Scanner. With that app you can listen to up to 4 feeds at a time. The app will scan across them and when there is activity it will pause, letting you hear the audio. When the transmission ends it will then resume scan.

You sure thats the name of the app? Because I can't find it under that name. There are other freq's scanners, but not that in the app store.

Offline joedog301

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:08:20 PM »
name of the app he was talking about is action scanner

Offline EdmontonFireRadio

• VE6EFR
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:34 PM »
First off I want to apologize. I did not mean to hijack this thread, which was about BBScanner and probably should have started a separate thread on the forum.

If you are having a problem finding it in the AppStore, here is some information about Action Scanner from their website - http://www.teenysoftware.net/scanner.html

Since it is not a licensed app from LiveATC.net you would need to enter the feeds you are interested in manually. But it does a great job of letting you keep track of multiple feeds at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:20:42 PM by EdmontonFireRadio »

Offline jsapyta

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
First off I want to apologize. I did not mean to hijack this thread, which was about BBScanner and probably should have started a separate thread on the forum.

If you are having a problem finding it in the AppStore, here is some information about Action Scanner from their website - http://www.teenysoftware.net/scanner.html

Since it is not a licensed app from LiveATC.net you would need to enter the feeds you are interested in manually. But it does a great job of letting you keep track of multiple feeds at the same time.

thx

Offline seafire

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:48:08 AM »
I cant seem to locate it in the app store. I did a search and nothing found. I checked the company website and it doesnt say anything about a blackberry app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

Offline delta092b

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
I cant seem to locate it in the app store. I did a search and nothing found. I checked the company website and it doesnt say anything about a blackberry app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4668

Offline seafire

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
Thanks, much appreciated

Peter

Offline jeffcyn

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »
Another thread (http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/nokia-e71/) mentioned opening the URL directly on the device.  I tried this on my Blackberry using http://d.liveatc.net/kbos_twr and it works great!  I basically opened my browser, when to the 'Go To..' option, and entered the URL listed.

Offline coolsan

• My Aviation Vids
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
Another thread (http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/nokia-e71/) mentioned opening the URL directly on the device.  I tried this on my Blackberry using http://d.liveatc.net/kbos_twr and it works great!  I basically opened my browser, when to the 'Go To..' option, and entered the URL listed.

Hey,

I opened that thread. Actually it's not directly on my phone's browser that I open the feed, I'm using the Nokia Internet Radio Application. The format that works for me is alt.liveatc.net/THE FEED YOU WANT
Hope this helps.

Offline Boxerman

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
Thanks will try it out!

Cant wait for LiveATC's version... should be a gooden :)

all BB users...

Add me: pin: 213310d4

Offline Eng/Pilot

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
Any suggestions for the Motorola Droid.

Offline lunafan1

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:21:35 AM »
I downloaded the bb scanner app. The transmissions broadcast on the Blackberry are almost 1 full minute behind the computer.

Offline delta092b

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
Wow....1 whole minute!  :-o

This is likely due to the caching and prevents more drops of the playback.

Offline lunafan1

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »
 I get it's only a minute. However, if you're plane spotting at the airport, that does make a difference.  

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »
LiveATC is currently working on both Blackberry and Android apps.  No release dates yet.  And some other good stuff.  Stay tuned.

Offline lunafan1

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »
LiveATC is currently working on both Blackberry and Android apps.  No release dates yet.  And some other good stuff.  Stay tuned.

Thanks Dave. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Phlux

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
Looking forward to the blackberry app as well.  For now I've been using moodio.fm to listen on my pearl and for the most part it works great.