Author Topic: LGA  (Read 12639 times)

Offline cb747

LGA
« on: May 29, 2005, 02:34:21 PM »
Hey Dave what happened to the LGA feed? I noticed it wasnt there a few weeks ago but didnt think anything of it.
                             Chris

Offline PHL Approach

LGA
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 03:15:07 PM »
The reception at the new place was no good. Hopefully we'll have a new one soon.

Offline MIAMIATC

LGA
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »
well gang I sort of did a project with my indoor antenna from radio shack. I jimmied the wire between the accordiaon slides of my air condirtioner and ran it to my scanners and my reception increased by about 60 percent. So I am now getting EWR,LGA,JFK,AND N90 feeds both pilot and controller. I cant believe that I didn't think of this earlier. Plus I forgot that on the Pro-95 there is an attenuator feature that Iactivated and whoa reception increased as well. Now all I need is some funds a good high end computor(along with the computor knowledge and maybe one day I will start a feed of all of the above. I am also getting weakly the ARTCC controller's on 125.325 and 127.175 Ed. I live in a hosue that is covered with aluminum siding I was wondering if that had anything to do with the loss of signal when I had the antenna inside the apartment. Any thought's ? Oh I forgot to tell the outcome I mounted the antenna on top of my air conditioner so the antenna is now outside the house :roll:

Offline Phil D.

• http://www.nycaviation.com
LGA
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »
I'm very disappointed about the LGA feed being down.

I live near LGA and get great reception on my own cheap little scanner, but my computer isn't on for long periods of time to be able to host it all. Not to mention the thousands of other things I have running on my computer when I do have it on.

Keep us posted!

-Phil

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
LGA
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 01:38:53 PM »
Quote from: Phil D.
I'm very disappointed about the LGA feed being down.

I live near LGA and get great reception on my own cheap little scanner, but my computer isn't on for long periods of time to be able to host it all. Not to mention the thousands of other things I have running on my computer when I do have it on.

Keep us posted!

-Phil

What we're going to do is a 3-way split at JFK and improve the antenna situation.  There will be a Clearance/Ground feed, one Tower feed, and one Approach feed for JFK from that site.  The site doesn't pick up LGA very well.

I have someone who is very close to LGA but hasn't been able to bring up a separate box yet to provide the feed.  It'll happen, but he's been too busy.

Dave

Offline lipkinasl

LGA
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 08:26:04 AM »
:(  :oops:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :(  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
GHRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate having JFK Ground and Tower feeds split - IT IS VERY ANNOYING put 'em back the way they were please.
I can't see the point having Tower only on a feed, JFK is just not interesting at all without the Ground and Tower combined, which is the reason I tend not to listen to the other airports on hear cos they don't have ground and tower together.

VERY HOPPING  :x

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
LGA
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 08:31:02 AM »
Quote from: lipkinasl
:(  :oops:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :(  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
GHRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate having JFK Ground and Tower feeds split - IT IS VERY ANNOYING put 'em back the way they were please.
I can't see the point having Tower only on a feed, JFK is just not interesting at all without the Ground and Tower combined, which is the reason I tend not to listen to the other airports on hear cos they don't have ground and tower together.

Since you put it so nicely, we'll leave them exactly the way they are.  :-)

You can run two instances of most media players (I know Winamp allows this).  Listen to both in parallel.  Get over it.   :-)

JFK Ground is way too busy to have on a feed with JFK Tower.  And at times Tower is very busy as well.  Listeners were missing too much.

If you want a combined feed, make a donation and we can put another scanner on line there to do that.  Perhaps that will help gauge how much you (or others) really want it.

-Dave

Offline MIAMIATC

LGA
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »
OUCH very bluntly put Dave :shock: LOL

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
LGA
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 09:07:28 AM »
Quote from: NYARTCCFAN
OUCH very bluntly put Dave :shock: LOL

This is a community effort, not a business.  People have a right to make suggestions.  But when people aren't paying for something, becoming irate because of a simple change like this is over the top.  This site gets *very* few donations, and it *does* have operating costs.  This is something that internet users sitting behind their browsers never see.  But for those of us who operate sites like this, it's a very real factor.  JFK just happens to be a site that uses equipment that I own, like all the Boston-area sites, so I tend to control what happens there.

End of story.  I am not trying to pour gas on the fire here...if people want to make constructive comments and suggestions, great.  But back up your suggestions with some reasoning.  "I don't like it this way" or comments like that don't mean much.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline JetScan1

LGA
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 11:42:32 AM »
Having the feeds split is great. Combining them, given how busy they are, just doesn't make any sense. Keep up the great work Dave !

DJ

Offline PHL Approach

LGA
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 03:08:50 PM »
Agreed, Dave did the same thing with the BOS feeds and It has been very successful.

Offline Phil D.

• http://www.nycaviation.com
LGA
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:44:14 AM »
HAHAHA, Dave is the man.

Dave, I expect to be finding a new place to live soon. I don't know exactly where or when, but once I'm settled, I'd be willing to do what I cna to help host an LGA feed.

Not having an LGA feed kicks my ass.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
LGA
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 10:04:01 AM »
Quote from: Phil D.
HAHAHA, Dave is the man.

Dave, I expect to be finding a new place to live soon. I don't know exactly where or when, but once I'm settled, I'd be willing to do what I cna to help host an LGA feed.

Not having an LGA feed kicks my ass.

Hi Phil-

I hope you're more successful than the past two LGA possibilities...both appeared into an abyss.  :-)  One is still on deck but haven't heard from him in a while.

Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

LGA
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 02:51:37 PM »
Quote from: lipkinasl

So, when will you be hosting a feed?  I am eager to hear your airport's ground and tower frequencies on one feed.