airtraffic

Author Topic: KTEB replaced by KMMU  (Read 6713 times)

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
KTEB replaced by KMMU
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »
The TEB feed, which has been down due to overheating laptop, has been replaced by a dedicated Morristown Tower feed (KMMU).  Morristown has been removed from the Caldwell feed (KCDW).

Morristown can now be heard on the current TEB feed, which is soon to be renamed.

Offline Studentpilo

Re: KTEB replaced by KMMU
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »
Sweet!! Thats my home base!

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 03:01:32 PM »
Mine too!  TEB is a busier field, but it just wasn't coming in all that clearly when it was up, so I replaced it with MMU.  That'll make the Caldwell feed more enjoyable, too, since it won't bounce back and forth between MMU and CDW anymore.

Offline YoDoc

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »
Sorry to see KTEB go - just moved my AME practice to the field and now I can't listen anymore!

Any chance it'll be back?

YoDoc

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 12:22:52 AM »
A friend of mine from Purdue works in ops at MMU now...I'll have to let him know the feed is on there...I'm sure he'll appreciate it.  Maybe I'll hear him doing a runway inspection sometime.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »
YoDoc,

TEB was down for quite a while before the change in any case. The laptop on which the feed was running had some overheating issues during the summer.

The reception is just not that great for TEB from my location. The tower was coming it, but it was just barely readable.

Perhaps you could run the feed from your AME practice?

Offline YoDoc

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 01:34:09 PM »
keith,

If you can tell me what's involved, maybe I can give it a try.  It'll take some re-engineering at my end, but at least I can take a look into the issue.

BTW, have you (or anyone else) had any issues with anyof the live feeds today?  I keep getting a logon request for every tower that I try - never had that experience before.

Help?!

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 11:16:50 AM »
MMU is down until Saturday evening.  The laptop needs a kick and I'm out of town.

YoDoc, setting up a feed requires a PC running 24x7 with a stable net connection, a soundcard, and a scanner hooked up to the audio input on the soundcard.