airtraffic

Author Topic: KSJC San Jose Tower  (Read 13138 times)

Offline KG6XF

KSJC San Jose Tower
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »
"Note: Unavoidable cable TV interference keeps squelch open."  Had some problems with cable company over the years here in Sunnyvale. CH 18 falls right in the middle of the 2m Ham Band. All clear now, if you need some assistance, contact me off line.  Sad reflection on our local cable company!

Offline KG6XF

Re: KSJC San Jose Tower
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
Dave,  If you get to read this, my offer above stands firm.. Can you contact the owner of the site for me.

"""""" "Note: Unavoidable cable TV interference keeps squelch open."  Had some problems with cable company over the years here in Sunnyvale. CH 18 falls right in the middle of the 2m Ham Band. All clear now, if you need some assistance, contact me off line.  Sad reflection on our local cable company!""""""""

I also monitor SJC live and no problem with the local cable company.

Appreciate.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »
I actually sent you an email this evening.  If you didn't receive it send me a PM.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline KG6XF

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
Thanks Dave,

All OKAY

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
Dave - I may be able to help out with San Jose Tower (124.0) in the near future?

Did a reception check over the weekend and reception is fantastic! Surveyed the property and so far this looks pretty good as far as antenna installation goes, but the only major hurdle is internet connectivity.

The residence is in a somewhat remote location in the hills above San Jose (1,100 feet) with internet access thru a Hughes Satellite connection.

This could be the "deal breaker" though? I can do some testing and see how things work out?

Ken
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:21:49 PM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
Dave - I may be able to help out with San Jose Tower (124.0) in the near future?

Did a reception check over the weekend and reception is fantastic! Surveyed the property and so far this looks pretty good as far as antenna installation goes, but the only major hurdle is internet connectivity.

The residence is in a somewhat remote location in the hills above San Jose (1,100 feet) with internet access thru a Hughes Satellite connection.

This could be the "deal breaker" though? I can do some testing and see how things work out?

Ken

Hi Ken!

Hughes satellite for streaming is a bit of a nightmare.  It *might* work, but very hard to tell.  Hold off for a short while since we are working two other possibilities.  I will let you know how those go.

Dave

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
OK Dave,
Yeah when I saw that Hughes Internet dish I said to myself "Uh Oh" :cry:
Ken