Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

KSFO ZOA (35) Feed ARINC

(1/6) > >>

diskus:
HI all,

Ive been listening to this feed lately which handles the traffic leaving and returning to the Bay Area over the Pacific. On the list of frequencies for the feed it includes ARINC San Francisco 131.95. I realize the planes are too far out to hear by that point but was hoping to pick up some of the ARINC Controllers when the flight is handed off from Norcal. You can hear that hand off request from NORCAL. However I have yet to be able to hear any of the ARINC Controllers, Has anyone else ever heard any of them?

Thanks!!!

JetScan1:
I seem to recall that when the feed first came out you could hear the ARINC operator loud and clear. You could hear them giving out the HF frequency assignments. Then it just stopped quite awhile ago.  Although this may have been replaced by using datalink now, although I have not seen any messages ? I'm guessing 131.950 was removed from the feed ? It would be nice to have it back on or better yet a dedicated feed.

JS   

diskus:
Yes It seems it is no longer active somehow. Yes I agree it would be good to have it back online

found some info on the ARINC  https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/systemops/ato_intl/documents/cross_polar/CPWG20/CPWG20_ARINC_Update.pdf

Thanks!

Fryy/Avocadoflight:

--- Quote from: diskus on March 15, 2019, 07:38:29 PM ---Yes It seems it is no longer active somehow. Yes I agree it would be good to have it back online

found some info on the ARINC  https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/systemops/ato_intl/documents/cross_polar/CPWG20/CPWG20_ARINC_Update.pdf

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing that. HF monitoring is one thing I know nothing about but have always been interested in. Seeing this PDF just made me realize what at least one of these antennas is in my hometown. Just outside of town, just SW of Travis AFB is this massive antenna farm that's been said to be old Naval Radio Relays. What exactly is an LDOC? Would being within 10 miles of this help in any reception on HF?

RonR:
LDOC stands for Long Distance Operational Control and I believe uses these HF frequencies: 3494 6640 8933 11342 13348 17925 21964

They are used among other things for setting up company phone patches with an in-flight aircraft.  They are not used for typical ATC related communications such as issuing a route clearance, aircraft requesting an altitude change, weather deviation, etc.

Here's chart that you might find interesting:

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version