airtraffic

Author Topic: KSFO Approach Feeds  (Read 10092 times)

Offline Pete De Vasto

• Totally blind aviation enthusiast!
KSFO Approach Feeds
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:17:59 PM »
Hi, some of the KSFO approach feeds are very difficult to listen to, particularly the KSFO final approach. I'm wondering if it's possible to work with that particular feed's provider, thinking that maybe it could be as simple as moving the antenna of the scanner a little bit to try and get the controller transmissions. I'd be listening to this feed a lot more if that were possible.

thanks for any help,
Pete De Vasto, totally blind ATC.net enthusiast deluxe!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KSFO Approach Feeds
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
Some of those feeds are run by LiveATC (my equipment) and some are run by another volunteer.  Please be as specific as you can as to which ones you are referring to.

In my case, we can't do any better than we are doing right now, unfortunately.

Offline Pete De Vasto

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
OK it's the feed sponsored by DynEd, containing frequencies 120.35 (Foster Sector) and 135.65 (Woodside sector). If this one is out of your control, I'll look into the possibility of my doing a feed, although I can't promise anything for sure at this point.

Thanks so much,
Pete

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
Hi Pete,
Upgrading all my San Francisco Bay Area NORCAL feeds within the next month with a new antenna, antenna mast mount, coax, and a splitter.
This includes the 120.35 (Foster) and 135.65 (Woodside) sectors you mentioned.
Stay tuned.
Ken
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:27:48 PM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline Pete De Vasto

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »
Ken, thank you ever so much for the reply. I look forward to listening when you're all set. It'll be nice if all the feeds improve, because there are lots of times when I'm doing things like riding the train or driving somewhere and the scanner just doesn't cut it. Please know at least from one very enthusiastic person that your efforts will be very much appreciated!

Pete De Vasto
P.S. Sorry to have to post this way, potentially adding more traffic to the forum. I had no other way to contact Ken and really wanted to share my positive thoughts!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:39 AM »
The DynEd feeds you reference are run on LiveATC equipment. The antenna situation is not one that can be improved, unfortunately.  The details are not important.

Ken does a fabulous job of augmenting what we currently have out in the Bay Area, along with several other dedicated volunteers.