airtraffic

Author Topic: KSAN-archive plays KSAT  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Olivia

KSAN-archive plays KSAT
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
Thanks to whoever put up a SAN feed; it sounds good.  Wish I was sitting out on the bay watching the planes instead of wilting in LAS!

I know it's new and the bugs might still being worked out so I wanted to let you know that the archives from today play SAT, not SAN (even the SAT map comes up).  Apologies if y'all already know about this or if it's too early for the archives to be sorted out.   

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KSAN-archive plays KSAT
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Thanks ...fixed.

Offline dan_sd

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:29:25 PM »
Thanks!  I'm glad you are enjoying the feed. 

On another subject, although reception is solid, I may try to improve it with an external antenna.  When arrivals transition from SoCal Approach to Tower they are just on the edge of the current antenna's performance limits, and the shoreline transition traffic is pretty weak.

Please keep sending/posting feedback!

Dan

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:53:20 AM »
Dave - thanks for the quick fix!

Dan - Appreciate your efforts in getting SAN up and running; the feed sounds great!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:04 AM »
Thanks to whoever put up a SAN feed; it sounds good.  Wish I was sitting out on the bay watching the planes instead of wilting in LAS!

Hey, Olivia!

Have you had a chance  yet to head down to the parking area next to the 25s at LAS? If so, how do you like the view? If not, remember ro bring your scanner with you, and no need to tune to tower. Set your car stereo to 101.1FM, and it'll have that covered! :)

BL.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
Hi BL-
I have been to LAS quite a few times (I printed out the thread where I asked about LAS spotting places so I knew exactly where to go).  What a great spot and so close to all the action; I'll definitely be down there a lot more when the wx cools. 

Offline tyketto

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
Hi BL-
I have been to LAS quite a few times (I printed out the thread where I asked about LAS spotting places so I knew exactly where to go).  What a great spot and so close to all the action; I'll definitely be down there a lot more when the wx cools. 

Cool. Also, if you're wanting to watch the GA planes, there's a similar parking area tucked between the approach end for runway 7 and runway 12R at VGT. Should be on the corner of Decatur and Lake Mead (pretty much where Lake Mead, Rancho, and Decatur meet). Should be pretty much the same as LAS, except that there's grass, a park, and a water fountain (but hey, when do you ever see a water fountain in Vegas!).

BL.

Offline knotts06

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Thank You so much for putting up the SAN feed!! I usually make it down there a couple times a month, but now I can listen to it from home too! And it sounds great :-D

Best Regards
~Chris

Offline laylow

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
Excellent! A SAN feed.  I've been wanting to run one, but even with external antenna, I'm just not close enough to hear the tower clearly.

Offline bigyakSD

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:32:21 PM »
Don't feel bad about the aircraft transitioning the shoreline being weak. I've had a hard time talking to the tower from there myself. not much you can do if you have to stay at or below 500 and there is a 400 foot hill between you and them. BTW thanks for putting up the feed.