airtraffic

Author Topic: KPKB Feed Info  (Read 11605 times)

Offline JayH

KPKB Feed Info
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »
After a couple of years of good intentions I finally brought up a feed from my local airport, KPKB in Parkersburg, WV.  The receiver location is about 8.4NM WSW from the airport in Belpre, OH.

Here's what I'm using to broadcast the feed:
4-element Yagi antenna tuned to 123.7MHz - custom made by Arrow Antennas
Antenna is rooftop mounted approximately 20ft AGL
LMR coax with PL-259 connections
Bearcat BC-350C Scanner
Acer Aspire Revo R3610 NetTop Computer (also my HTPC)

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPKB

Please let me know if you're a regular listener or live in the area.  I'd love to hear your feedback.

Jay
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:47:55 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

Re: KPKB Feed Info
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
I just wanted to post a quick update for this feed. I’m having some work done on my house and had to take down the antenna used for the KPKB and ZID feeds. I’m hoping to bring them back up in the coming months when I can get the antenna installed in a new location.

Jay

Offline KCRW-KHTS

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »
Hello Jay,

Hope your home construction project work goes per plan.  I am glad that I have checked the Forum before posting my inquiries regarding the lost Parkersburg feed (for the last few days).  Hope that it will be back online upon completion of your home project and the antenna is repositioned again. 

I have been a daily listener to your Parkersburg feed and was lost in the last few days when it was down.  Thank you for including Indy's 125.55 which helps to tune-in to the flow from/to Parkersburg as well as departing/arriving traffic from/to Yeager.  Your kind gesture is greatly appreciated as well for others offering other feeds in WV as well as other locations in the country and worldwide.  All the best

George

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »
Thanks for your response, George.  It's great knowing that the feed is being used and appreciated.  The house work is done, but it's going to take some work to get everything installed and tested in the new location.  I'll try not to let it fall too far down my to-do list! :)

Jay

Offline KCRW-KHTS

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
Thank you Jay and hope to have it back online when your time permits.

On the flip side, Charleston channels went offline yesterday so counting on Indy and Clarksburg to provide traffic flow.  Hope to have it back online soon.  All the best.

George

Offline JayH

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 11:02:22 AM »
I just wanted to reply and announce that the KPKB and ZID (Indy Center) feeds are finally back up.  I moved the antenna and equipment to a new location (on my garage instead of the house).  I also moved the server to a Raspberry Pi.

Here is the equipment used:
Custom 4 element Yagi antenna tuned to KPKB tower frequency made by Arrow Antennas
Antenna mounted at approximately 20 ft AGL
LMR coax with PL-259 connections
Uniden Bearcat 780 XLT scanner (KPKB)
Uniden Bearcar 350C scanner (ZID)
Amplifier with air band filter and 50-ohm splitter
Raspberry Pi 3B+

Jay
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:04:50 AM by JayH »