airtraffic

Author Topic: Airforce one lands on TNCC.  (Read 6457 times)

Offline klasseman

Airforce one lands on TNCC.
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
Hi there,
i saw on the internet een article, that the airforce has landed on TNCC (Curacao)
@ 13 or 14 April.
i have some pica's. butt it would be nice to hear the audio massage, but i can't find it on the archive.
is there some one that can help me out?

Thanks in advance

(source)
http://www.rnw.nl/caribiana/article/air-force-one-dit-weekend-op-hato
in dutch

News feed;

WILLEMSTAD, Curacao - Air Force One along with two other US government aircraft, crew, and support personnel visited Curaçao over the past weekend in support of the April 13-15 participation of American President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia.

Obama and Clinton did not visit Curaçao as part of their itinerary. According to a press release by US Consulate in Willemstad, with over 30 heads of state from all over Latin America and the Caribbean attending the summit and the airport in Cartagena did not have enough room to stage all the presidential planes.
"So, the US Forward Operating Location (FOL) and Hato International Airport were chosen to serve as the staging point for US government aircraft. The presence of these aircraft in Curaçao was coordinated with Kingdom officials in The Hague as well as government officials in Curaçao and was not publicly announced beforehand for security reasons."
The Summit of the Americas theme this year was "Connecting the Americas: Partners for Prosperity." That spirit of partnership, stated the release, is clearly evident in the ongoing close cooperation among the FOL, Hato International Airport, the U.S. Consulate General in Curaçao, and the Government of Curaçao.
US Consul General Valerie Belon said "on behalf of President Obama, Secretary Clinton and the US Government, I am extremely thankful for the support and gracious hospitality that Hato International Airport as well as the Government and people of Curaçao gave to these important aircraft, crew and support personnel. The welcome they received in Curaçao was invaluable in making this mission a success and are testimony to the longstanding friendship and bilateral cooperation between our two nations."

Source
(http://news.caribseek.com)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:09:53 AM by klasseman »

Offline iskyfly

Re: Airforce one lands on TNCC.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
Were you specifically listening for the call sign "Air Force One" ?
When the President is not on board, it is not Air Force One.