Author Topic: kLAX tower?  (Read 7705 times)

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

kLAX tower?
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »
What happened to KLAX tower? I really enjoyed listening to it.

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: kLAX tower?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:49:22 PM »
Check the Feed Outages/Status Forum anytime you wonder what happened to a feed.

In this case the feeder admitted that something must have failed on the computer running the feed but Murphy's Law dictated that he was across the country and away from his apartment when it happened.  He is working on getting a surrogate to step in and correct the problem in his absence.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
The KLAX fans are pulling for him, all 28 of us.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
LA tower back up! YAY!.

Offline athaker

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:59:44 AM »
Looks like my roommate pulled through.  Hopefully it lasts a week, which is how long i'm away.

When I get back I'm going to tweak the feed a little bit too because it's obviously not yet perfect, but I'll let you know if/when its down.

I wonder if the morning fog thats over the coast affects the static at all?  Visibility is usually just about 5-8 miles every morning, which is the distance from my place to the airport.  It burns off around 10AM PST to a beautiful southern california sky, luckily.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 01:22:02 PM »
Looks like my roommate pulled through.  Hopefully it lasts a week, which is how long i'm away.

When I get back I'm going to tweak the feed a little bit too because it's obviously not yet perfect, but I'll let you know if/when its down.

I wonder if the morning fog thats over the coast affects the static at all?  Visibility is usually just about 5-8 miles every morning, which is the distance from my place to the airport.  It burns off around 10AM PST to a beautiful southern california sky, luckily.

Definitely not the marine layer.

When I visited friends in Torrance, I could pick up (barely, mind you) South Tower, HHR Tower, and TOA tower with my handheld, and I was a good 15 - 20 minutes from the airport (Torrance Blvd), and this was with the marine layer being in. So having clouds in the way shouldn't play havoc with line of sight.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
You are far too close to experience any VHF propagation effects.  You would have to be 60 miles or more away from Los Angeles to experience any of the typical effects (tropospheric ducting, etc.).

Dave

Offline mjtibbz

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 09:23:06 PM »
a big thanks for this KLAX feed !!  :-o :-o :-D :-)