airtraffic

Author Topic: KLAX feed  (Read 5410 times)

Offline ramses12

• AirTrafficController
KLAX feed
« on: December 11, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »
The excellent KLAX feed could be optimized by having Tower north and south, as it has been configured some months ago. Ground and Tower feed means that 50% of the actual traffic flow cannot be heard anymore. Thanks for checking this possibility again.
best regards
Roland

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: KLAX feed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »
   I've been in contact with the LAX feeder. There is a problem with the feed when it is in that configuration. It somehow gets stuck on the ATIS frequency. The feeder does not know how to fix the problem. Any ideas?  None of the ideas I gave nor that other people gave,  worked, Anything helps!

Chananya

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »
   I've been in contact with the LAX feeder. There is a problem with the feed when it is in that configuration. It somehow gets stuck on the ATIS frequency. The feeder does not know how to fix the problem. Any ideas?  None of the ideas I gave nor that other people gave,  worked, Anything helps!

Chananya

Hmm.. ATIS there is 133.8 and 135.65. It could be that he is picking it up because the north complex Tower is on 133.9. If he moved ATIS to 135.65, and tried it again, it may work out better. Otherwise, he could just lock out the ATIS frequencies altogether..

BL.

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
 He has a more complicated problem.

Chgananya

Offline bluecrewfan08

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
See my questions in this very forum for my ATIS issues.
So far there has been no help that has worked. Many people have offered help, and I have tried most of them.
So for now, I will keep the freqs. where they are.

Rob