airtraffic

Author Topic: KLAX changes coming up soon  (Read 9695 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KLAX changes coming up soon
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:45:48 PM »
In the next few days we will be making changes and enhancements to the feeds for KLAX (Los Angeles CA). The changes will include:

- General receiver maintenance
- Addition of two analog receivers to split Ground into North/South complex
- Addition of SDR receivers which will enable tuning any freq in the 118-136 MHz range - this will allow a single feed for any frequency

If you have any requests or comments please post them here.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: KLAX changes coming up soon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »
Hi Dave. So what are the plans regarding the tower frequencies? Are you keeping one feed with both power frequencies on it? the original departure feed could use a squelch update. If you need me to do some audio testing I am willing to assist and I would love to. thanks. :mrgreen:

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »
Hi Dave. So what are the plans regarding the tower frequencies? Are you keeping one feed with both power frequencies on it? the original departure feed could use a squelch update. If you need me to do some audio testing I am willing to assist and I would love to. thanks. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback, Chananya. Right now there are 3 LAX Tower feeds. One for each of North and South (mono feeds) and one stereo feed that combines North and South. That is expected to stay the same.

All the receivers will get squelch updates as part of the normal maintenance.

And we would certainly be interested in your test results after the work is done...thanks.

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »
email me the answer to this please. are you flying in for this maintenance? want to meet up?

Offline tyketto

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:47:20 AM »
In the next few days we will be making changes and enhancements to the feeds for KLAX (Los Angeles CA). The changes will include:

- Addition of SDR receivers which will enable tuning any freq in the 118-136 MHz range - this will allow a single feed for any frequency

Thanks,
Dave

Hey there, Dave!

for the Ground feeds, as you are splitting them between GCS1 (North Complex) and GCS2 (South Complex), are you planning to include GCS3 (controls Taxiway B west of T, C west of R, and everything south of 25L/7R) into the feed? That's what would be on 121.4.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:51:32 AM »

Thanks,
Dave

Hey there, Dave!

for the Ground feeds, as you are splitting them between GCS1 (North Complex) and GCS2 (South Complex), are you planning to include GCS3 (controls Taxiway B west of T, C west of R, and everything south of 25L/7R) into the feed? That's what would be on 121.4.

BL.

Hey BL...right now GCS3 is together with GCS2 and GCS1 is split off onto its own feed. There will be an extra feed with only GCS3 as well before the end of the week.

Hope this helps - any other input welcome. There are a number of new Approach and Departure (and ZLA) feeds coming as well.

Dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:28:14 PM »
Addition of SDR receivers which will enable tuning any freq in the 118-136 MHz range - this will allow a single feed for any frequency ... If you have any requests or comments please post them here.

How feasible is it to have a separate feed for every active frequency with aircraft in range of your receiver ? Or are you just going to concentrate on frequencies you can hear the controllers ?

JS

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:32:53 PM by JetScan1 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
Definitely feasible, within the limits of outbound bandwidth at this receiver site. But first a bunch of local feeds will be added where controllers are within range. These include some ZLA feeds not currently covered.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »
within the limits of outbound bandwidth at this receiver site.

How many is that ? There are probably at least 100 potential frequencies you could hear aircraft on from the LAX area. 

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »
Nowhere near 100.  :-)  Send me a list via email and we can figure out how to accommodate some reasonable requests. Right now focused on freqs with 2-sided traffic.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »
Send me a list via email and we can figure out how to accommodate some reasonable requests. Right now focused on freqs with 2-sided traffic.

Probably easier if I just wait and see what you come out with, and how good the reception is, then go from there. I'm guessing you will have most of the close ones covered. Personally I'd be interested in all the Enroute/Center frequencies in range of LAX (even if you couldn't hear the controller). Looking forward to the feeds when they come out.