Author Topic: KLAS - Las Vegas, NV now live  (Read 34121 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KLAS - Las Vegas, NV now live
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »
One of the long awaited Class B airports is now live!

http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/klas.m3u

Hopefully we'll get this set up as a supersite in a few months and separate a lot of the frequencies.

Thanks to the feeder who volunteered!

Dave

Offline tyketto

Re: KLAS - Las Vegas, NV now live
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:02:36 PM »
Oh yeah!

It's definitely going to need some splitting. If they need help, I'll pitch in. I have all the frequencies, but just lacked a place close to drop the hardware since moving.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 08:04:32 PM »
Not sure what the feeder has in mind...we'll see.  Thanks for volunteering.  What do you have to offer for hardware, in case he doesn't see this thread?

-dave

Offline KPryor

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »
Just saw this and tuned in.  Glad to see another excellent feed!
KP

Offline tyketto

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »
Not sure what the feeder has in mind...we'll see.  Thanks for volunteering.  What do you have to offer for hardware, in case he doesn't see this thread?

-dave

I should be able to spare a scanner, pending on what I can get for a NCT feed.

BL.

Offline Pearson

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:52:48 PM »
OH SNAP! This rocks, good work guys.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 08:14:07 AM »
Congratulations, Dave, and a big thanks to the volunteer feeder!   

Offline mhawke

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:11:44 AM »
Great feed!  Thanks to the volunteer.

Offline davidp124

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
This is great!!!  We live in Bowling Green, KY and are out here in Vegas for a bi-monthly visit and saw the new site.  Thanks for the hard work in bringing this site up.

David

Offline duckman

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 03:28:13 PM »
Woohoo...Great feed! I live in Vegas and drive by the airport on my way to work so I can listen to arrivals/departures off of 25L/R, but wasn't able to listen to it at work. I'd love to know where in Vegas the feeder lives and what equipment he's using. I live right in the valley on the east side of town so I can only get the planes, but I can clearly pick up ZLA every once in awhile.

Thanks to the volunteer for the feed!

Donald

Offline tyketto

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
Woohoo...Great feed! I live in Vegas and drive by the airport on my way to work so I can listen to arrivals/departures off of 25L/R, but wasn't able to listen to it at work. I'd love to know where in Vegas the feeder lives and what equipment he's using. I live right in the valley on the east side of town so I can only get the planes, but I can clearly pick up ZLA every once in awhile.

Thanks to the volunteer for the feed!

Donald

I'd like to know as well, as I lived in Summerlin, and couldn't get anything from McCarran, but could pick up Northtown. I've moved since, so this helps. When I go back (which is pretty well often), I make sure to sit at the parking area next to the 25s, scanner in hand and radio blasting the FM feed of tower.

BL.

P.S. Offer still stands. ;)

Offline Theo03

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »
Now hoping that they also Nellis AFB going on air ?? :-D

grtz
Theo

Offline MikeA

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »
Great Feed!  I aways thought it would be cool to listen to KLAS.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 09:58:35 PM »
Thanks!  I was hoping LAS would come online soon.  Nice job!  :-D

Offline janetva.net

• janetva.net
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
Thanks,

For all of your support,  I am happy to see the feed go so well :-)

Scanner here is a ICOM-PCR100
Antenna - Homebrew Quarter Wave Ground Plane up 30ft
PC - P2 333Mhz 64 meg ram running win 98
I am 7 miles south west of the airport

I also just got one more IC-PCR100 off ebay and will be putting up a 5/8 wave ground plane to pick up Ground/Ramp Control and Airline Ground Operations
Coming soon !

I can run my IC-PCR2500  in duel band to split frqs  NOT !!!!  $1000 scanner don't think so lol

Enjoy all !!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:43:06 PM by janetva.net »

Offline tyketto

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 02:35:27 AM »
Thanks,

For all of your support,  I am happy to see the feed go so well :-)

Scanner here is a ICOM-PCR100
Antenna - Homebrew Quarter Wave Ground Plane up 30ft
PC - P2 333Mhz 64 meg ram running win 98
I am 7 miles south west of the airport

I also just got one more IC-PCR100 off ebay and will be putting up a 5/8 wave ground plane to pick up Ground/Ramp Control and Airline Ground Operations
Coming soon !

I can run my IC-PCR2500  in duel band to split frqs  NOT !!!!  $1000 scanner don't think so lol

Enjoy all !!

That would be why you're getting such good reception. 7 miles southwest puts you out towards the Silverton.. It would have to be that high, otherwise you're not going to get anything!

I know Dave mentioned it, but it may be better to split the freqs off so everyone can hear certain positions than have everything running off of 1 or 2 scanners. My offer still stands on if you need another..

Here's a question.. Did they do away with 125.6? They were using that for the inital approach freq. for the CLARR/KEPEC/FUZZY/SUNST arrivals before being handed to 135.0.. or is it still in use and I'm just missing it?

The really cool thing about McCarran is with the USA/AWE ops, and all their flights going out between 11:30pm and 1am. KLAS doesn't generally slow down until 1:30-2am, so it's busy at night.. REALLY busy.

BL.

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 02:48:23 AM »
Anyone hear the "secret shuttle" to aria 51 I believe it is call sign Jannet. Not that anything but military top secret plane test go on there in the middle of the desert which is even blacked out an terraserver.  :-o

Offline janetva.net

• janetva.net
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 06:09:06 AM »
"Anyone hear the "secret shuttle" to aria 51 I believe it is call sign Jannet"
blizzard242

"it may be better to split the freqs off so everyone can hear certain positions than have everything running off of 1 or 2 scanners. My offer still stands on if you need another"
tyketto

"Here's a question.. Did they do away with 125.6? They were using that for the inital approach freq. for the CLARR/KEPEC/FUZZY/SUNST arrivals before being handed to 135.0.. or is it still in use and I'm just missing it?"
tyketto

Hemm Janet whats that ??  lol  J/k  anyway thanks for the offer on the scanner that was very kind of you :-) I may take you up on that as soon as I get my 5/8 wave ANT up however right now I am doing some testing with two IC-PCR100 running on the same ANT I get about a 3db loss doing that   not bad if you have a strong SIG when I am ready it will have APP/DEP on one and TWR on the other thanks for the info on 125.60 I may have missed that one on the list, its on the scanner now and will see if I hear anything

O and sorry about last night if anyone was tuned scanner stopped on 121.50 for hours before I found out,  it was picking up a INT freq from a PC my wife had turned on next to it.  WOW....did I drop off the top 20  fast   lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:14:11 AM by janetva.net »

Offline Theo03

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:07 AM »
Hello

Is it also possible to start a feed of Nellis AFB, with many traffic during Red flag exercise's??

grtz
Theo

Offline tyketto

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
Hello

Is it also possible to start a feed of Nellis AFB, with many traffic during Red flag exercise's??

grtz
Theo

Given where he's at (approx. 5 - 8DME SW of the LAS VOR), I don't know if he'd have line of sight with Nellis, as he'd have to make sure his signal punches through downtown Vegas, which hassome pretty tall buildings. Nellis is about 10 - 15 miles north of KLAS.. He may be able to get Nellis Approach for arrivals into VGT when they use 25 or maybe 12L/R, but anything above that, especially for Red Flag, will be UHF, nor VHF.

Tough call, and might be possible, but it's Glenn's call.

BL.

Offline Theo03

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
Hello

App will be fine.
Some feed have to many freq in use, so you can hardly follow what they are talking.
So i'm already happy with app.
Hope that Glenn will start this feed.

grtz
Theo

Offline cactushp

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
Yea personally I would like a tower/app split instead of using your new scanner for ramp/airline ops.
Great feed!

Offline janetva.net

• janetva.net
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 01:07:29 AM »
Yea personally I would like a tower/app split instead of using your new scanner for ramp/airline ops.
Great feed!

Hemm.... it would seem that Live ATC listeners prefer split freqs

Noted thanks :-)  in that case the guy thats selling all them IC-PCR100s on ebay is going to love me !

Only thing that stands in my way is money :-(  and when you split antenna coax it will loose 3 dbs per scanner !

One other way would be to put up more antennas however the landlord would kick me out of the house LOL

Anyway I will work on it none the less :-)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:21:30 AM by janetva.net »

Offline duckman

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 11:53:08 AM »
I live over by Sams Town so I'm pretty close to Nellis.  I would be able to get a feed up for Nellis or even help split up the KLAS feed, but I need to get an antenna set up on my roof.  Would you be able to take some pictures of your antenna setup? Most of the homes here in Vegas are about the same w/ the A/C on the roof, stucco, etc... I am thinking that would be where I'd mount the antenna, but I need to find a method to feed the wire into the house.

Thanks!

- Donald

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »
Some feed have to many freq in use, so you can hardly follow what they are talking.

I also agree with this line of thinking. Having too many busy frequencies on ONE radio makes it very difficult to follow what is going on. It's far better to concentrate on one area/sector rather than trying to scan everything at once when only one radio is available. This applies to more than a few feeds here, not just KLAS. DJ