airtraffic

Author Topic: KIND feed silent again?  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Still holding at Weldo

KIND feed silent again?
« on: August 11, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »
Indy's awfully quiet again - it has been silent for several days now.
Gee, I hope they didn't close that spiffy new airport. 

thanks
 - weldo

Offline IndyTower

Re: KIND feed silent again?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »
I'm in the middle of a large renovation at my house and a couple days ago I blew a circuit, so none of the outlets in the room that house the feed are working.  Along with this, we're painting and installing hardwoods in the room over the next few weeks.  With work and everything else, while I love running the feed, it's taken a back burner and isn't a huge priority at this point.  I have hoped to move it to IND but have not gotten a good contact there to do so.  For now, I'll keep it up when I can, but please keep in mind I have a lot going on with renovations and it's nearly impossible to keep it up.

Any way of sticky-ing this?  ;)

Offline Still holding at Weldo

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »
No problem!  I just hadn’t seen anything in the Outage Forum and wanted to be sure someone was aware. 
Believe me, I am very thankful for you and your KIND feed – every day that I sit at work and boogie to the sounds of the Indy area air traffic I think about how much I appreciate all that you provide. 
So do what you need to do with your house, fix the feed if and when you can, and most of all, don’t accidentally lay that beautiful new hardwood floor down overtop the air vent hiding in the corner!
 - weldo

Offline KPryor

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
I'm in the middle of a large renovation at my house and a couple days ago I blew a circuit, so none of the outlets in the room that house the feed are working.  Along with this, we're painting and installing hardwoods in the room over the next few weeks.  With work and everything else, while I love running the feed, it's taken a back burner and isn't a huge priority at this point.  I have hoped to move it to IND but have not gotten a good contact there to do so.  For now, I'll keep it up when I can, but please keep in mind I have a lot going on with renovations and it's nearly impossible to keep it up.

Any way of sticky-ing this?  ;)

That's no excuse dude, get it going now!!! :D  LOL, just kidding, good luck with the renovation.  I know what a hassle that can be.
KP

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:38 AM »
Thanks for the support guys.

I plugged the scanner into an extension cord and ran it to an outlet on another circuit, so it's up for now.  I'll be in Philly for a week so if it goes down while I'm gone, not much I can do.  When I get back I'll try to move the machine I run it on and the scanner/antenna to a room in the house that's finished so it'll be easier to keep up.

PS....I'm finally flying out of that brand spankin new terminal you mentioned tomorrow!  Definitely looking forward to it.