airtraffic

Author Topic: KIAD Feeds  (Read 6056 times)

Offline Pete De Vasto

• Totally blind aviation enthusiast!
KIAD Feeds
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:52:20 PM »
Hi, will be making a trip to the DC area this week and discovered on the Clearance/Ground feed that apparently one of the important freqs, 121.625, isn't there. It may be because there's interference at the receiver site, but wanted to report anyway and ask if that frequency could be included.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KIAD Feeds
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
We will look at that again and see if it can be added.

Offline Pete De Vasto

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
Amazing that you were able to add this so quickly! I realize the 121.62 is not the greatest quality, but on a night like this with all the rough weather and delays, I'm thouroughly enjoying listening! Thank you so much for the quick turnaround!

Pete

Offline Pete De Vasto

One More Suggestion Re: KIAD Feeds
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:11:27 AM »
Hi once more,

I've got one more suggestion that could really make this a great site based on listening via the iPhone app plus with my scanner while actually at the airport when things were very busy this past Sunday night. It involves changing one of the two frequencies you monitor on the KIAD Twr (Rwy 1L/1C/19R/19C feed. This is the stereo feed where you have 134.425 on one side, and 120.250 on the other. I've noticed that they never seem to use the 120.25 frequency, but instead they use 120.1, the one for traffic on the east side of the field using RWY 1R/19L. I think that you could get a much better feel for what's happening on both sides of the airport if you changed the 120.25 channel to pick up 120.1 instead. Please realize that I've only been listening to this feed for about a week, and there very well might be a reason the feed was set up the way it currently is, so if you don't think it's a good idea to change it I totally understand. When I get back home to the Bay Area later this week, I do know that I for sure will be checking in on KIAD, the airport can get very interesting during bouts of severe weather.

Once again, thank you for listening and for your help with this! The one change you did make to the Del/Gnd feed made for a great evening last night! Might be worth a tweet later in the week if the next cold front advertised to come through here on Thursday actually materializes.

Pete

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. That feed was created because those frequencies are often combined. We can create other combined feeds as well - your suggestion is a good one and we will consider it.