airtraffic

Author Topic: KHRO feed down again.  (Read 4434 times)

Offline hawker53

KHRO feed down again.
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
I am using the raspberry pi computer at KHRO.  Each internet outage and power outage causes the raspberry to go down.  The feed is in an airport managers office, so I am out of luck from 4:00PM to 7:45 Am as far as human intervention is concerned.  She has been good in unplugging and plugging the unit back in, but I would rather just buy an APC.  No problems with the scanners.  They come right back with restoration of power and/or internet.

Should I hook an APC to the raspberry pi?  When an internet or power outage occurs, the scanner comes up normally as told to me by the airport manager.  The raspberry does not.  Would putting the pi on an APC solve this constant outage problem?  Anybody have any thoughts on that?  This is the second night of failure and the airport manager has to unplug and plug-in to the pi itself to get all the lights to come up.  I have two other feeds and all is well with those two raspberry computers.  One comes back on without an APC and the other is hooked to an APC.  Would an APC solve this problem and what kind should I purchase for the raspberry pi.  All of my feeds are in the offices of airport managers.

Offline hawker53

Re: KHRO feed down again.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
I mean UPS.  I noticed Amazon noticed, too, that a UPS was needed for the pi (keep getting advertisements to buy).  I retrieved and returned it to Dave as further attempts to reboot were unsuccessful.  When I unplugged from the electrical bar and replugged all the lights came on again, but the feed never showed that it was working on my I-phone or the manager's computer.  When returned I will put everything on a UPS this time.