Author Topic: KGRR ATC  (Read 17174 times)

Offline Craig

KGRR ATC
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
Hello,

If anyone's interesting in listening in to KGRR ATC, here's a link:

http://71.205.144.32:8000/listen.pls

It's fairly low upstream bandwidth, so may only support 3-4 concurrent users.

Enjoy,
Craig

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: KGRR ATC
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:05:06 PM »
Hey, Craig - Any reason you don't want to provide this stream directly to LiveATC?  It would solve the bandwidth problem, as the LiveATC servers would then be responsible for doling out the stream rather than your personal computer.  Just curious...

Offline Craig

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
Hi,
That was my original intention in setting it all up, but I submitted the feeder contact request form over a few weeks ago and never got any response, so I assumed there was no interest.

-Craig

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »
Ahhh!  There is DEFINITELY interest, I would bet a paycheck on that.  I am not an official representative of LiveATC but based on my interaction with Dave and Jason I am sure that the lack of contact is simply an oversight due to either a tech problem of them not receiving your request or extremely busy schedules.  I'll ping Jason to get him to reach out to you.

I know I would be interested in Grand Rapids ATC since I have reasons to fly to that airport once in awhile. 

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »
Ahhh!  There is DEFINITELY interest, I would bet a paycheck on that.  I am not an official representative of LiveATC but based on my interaction with Dave and Jason I am sure that the lack of contact is simply an oversight due to either a tech problem of them not receiving your request or extremely busy schedules.  I'll ping Jason to get him to reach out to you.

I know I would be interested in Grand Rapids ATC since I have reasons to fly to that airport once in awhile. 

Yes, we are definitely interested and think the feed would make a great addition to the site.  Dave and I both have day jobs, so it's been hectic finding time to respond to everyones' e-mails.  We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Best,

Offline Craig

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
Hi Jason,
Thanks for the info! i wasn't sure what the right amt of time to time wait was and didn't want to be a pest.  :-)

So, I figured since I had it set up, I may as well post the link in case anyone wanted to listen.

-Craig

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »
A friend of mine who graduated from Purdue with me is a controller at GRR.  Defiantly appreciate your feed.  Thanks!

Matt

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »
Dave and I both have day jobs, so it's been hectic finding time to respond to everyones' e-mails. 

What?  Jason, you mean to tell me LiveATC.net isn't your only career?    :-D

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »
Dave and I both have day jobs, so it's been hectic finding time to respond to everyones' e-mails. 

What?  Jason, you mean to tell me LiveATC.net isn't your only career?    :-D

Hah, unfortunately not.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »
This is another reason why LiveATC needs KGRR:

Radar taken from today - looks like you guys are getting pounded up there!

Offline Craig

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 08:46:44 AM »
This is another reason why LiveATC needs KGRR:

Radar taken from today - looks like you guys are getting pounded up there!

We sure did. You know you're in trouble when it's noon but the sky is about as dark as midnight.

The track doesn't show it well, but this flight probably got the worst of it, trying 3 different approaches:
NWA 1775

And we're supposed to get another round this afternoon.

Offline dontknowjack

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
Is this feed being archived? There are some pretty interesting exchanges going on the last few minutes.

Offline ngreed

• Detroit Spotters
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »
Great Feed! I have flown into GRR several times in a C172. What Freq's are being scanned? Can not wait to see it added to LiveATC.

Offline Craig

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »
Is this feed being archived? There are some pretty interesting exchanges going on the last few minutes.

Sorry, unfortunately there is no archive.

Great Feed! I have flown into GRR several times in a C172. What Freq's are being scanned? Can not wait to see it added to LiveATC.

Here's the list of frequencies:
121.8 - GRR Ground
135.65 - GRR Tower
128.4 - GRR APP/DEP South
124.6 - GRR APP/DEP North
128.5 - Chicago Center (nearby aircraft only)

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »
Craig - listening to the newly advertised KGRR feed today.  Excellent quality feed.  Once again you all are getting pounded with t-storms up there so the action on your feed is exciting.

Thanks again for persevering and getting KGRR up to this site.

Offline Craig

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »
Craig - listening to the newly advertised KGRR feed today.  Excellent quality feed.  Once again you all are getting pounded with t-storms up there so the action on your feed is exciting.

Thanks again for persevering and getting KGRR up to this site.

Thanks for listening.

Yes, the afternoon's storms were very heavy. The first round around 3:00 pm EDT today knocked the power out at my office.

I've got battery backups for the scanner, laptop and internet connection and that's what kept the feed up until around 6:15 pm or so. Unfortunately, the power is still out and the UPSs are all dead so the feed will be down until power is restored.

-Craig

Offline Hollis

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
Quite a storm there. If anyone has the patience and wants to hear some of the activity during it, go to the archives for 7/02/08, KGRR, beginning at 2050Z and onward, where 2 Air Canada flights were trying to get in. AC4749 finally diverted to South Bend, but AC4398 tooled around long enough to finally make it on the second attempt. Interesting. 

Offline ozziecat35

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Very good quality feed!! Thanks for setting it up. It's so awesome to be able to listen to home way out here in PHX.