Author Topic: kbuf--freq  (Read 6019 times)

Offline vz1

kbuf--freq
« on: January 23, 2006, 03:35:06 PM »
i was looking at the kbuf information and it did not have any freq listed for the feed.  can you tell us what freq kbuf is using.

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: kbuf--freq
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »
Quote from: vz1
i was looking at the kbuf information and it did not have any freq listed for the feed.  can you tell us what freq kbuf is using.

I am not the feeder but I am a pilot who routinely listens to BUF's feed archive to critique my airborne communication skills.  The BUF feed is carrying both approach frequencies on 126.15 and 126.50, as well as tower on 120.5.

AFAIK, the feed is not carrying ground nor clearance delivery.  I believe this may be due to the feeder's distance from the airport.  In the case of the Syracuse, NY, feed, which I provide, I am too far from the airport to receive most ground-based aircraft to make it worth including those two frequencies in the feed.

Offline dan9125

Buffalo frequencies
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:08:22 AM »
Hi all,
  Peter is correct, BUF feed is carrying both approach frequencies 126.15 and 126.50, as well as tower on 120.5. I plan on putting up a directional antenna pointing at the tower when it gets a tad bit warmer. At that time i will experiment with a few more of the ground frequencies.

Dan in Buff

Offline JetScan1

kbuf--freq
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »
The frequency setup you have now works well. Adding ground/clearance would be too much frequency congestion on one radio. Just my opinion. DJ