Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

Job market...

(1/3) > >>

atc_nc:
Didn't know if anyone would know what my odds are of getting hired as soon as I'm out of the military? I know this probably isn't the place for it but I come here everyday and just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm getting out January 15th '05 and hopin to get in shortly there after. Only rated in the tower, but would die for some radar. Thanks for at least readin this.

AmericaWestCMH:
Not too sure about now, but in the next several years many of the replacement controllers after the PATCO strike are up for retirement.

atc_nc:

--- Quote from: AmericaWestCMH ---Not too sure about now, but in the next several years many of the replacement controllers after the PATCO strike are up for retirement.
--- End quote ---

See, I heard there's going to be a mass hiring starting at the beginning of this fiscal year on through '08. Rumor has it that the FAA's gonna be hiring something ridiculous like 1000 controllers a year. If that's the case then everyone and their mother is gonna be getting hired.

AmericaWestCMH:
You should be in good shape then.

jester115:
Yeah, what you talk about the mass hiring is definitely true.  I have read MANY articles from the FAA and such talking about the labor shortage and what the govt. is trying to do about it.  Go to this site....it's the National Air Traffic Controllers Association webpage.......they have all kinds of articles, press releases, etc on the labor issues going on with ATC's.  Iim sure you'll find the answer's you are looking for.  

http://www.natca.org/mediacenter/natcaheadlines.msp

By the way, how many years of military did you do to train/certify ATC?  I figure most people that dont go to Embry-Riddle or some other fine ATC school would choose the military route for a couple years to get their training/certifing out of the way and make money while they do it.  I personally would take that track should I make that move.  Give us your take on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version