Author Topic: JFK Tower2 Feed streaming Ground??  (Read 9429 times)

Offline ups702

JFK Tower2 Feed streaming Ground??
« on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »
I have to say I'm confused..... I've been  listening to the new JFK tower feed over the last couple of days and it seems like it's covering JFK ground instead of Tower? I'm definately enjoying the Ground feed, but I'm curious if I missed something or what is going on with this feed.

Anyone???

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »
No, its tuned to 121.9 I think thats tower :)

Hope you like it though, I try to get the feed as clear as possible  8)

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »
Quote from: Lezam
No, its tuned to 121.9 I think thats tower :)

121.9 is ground control at JFK.  Here is the latest NACO airport diagram.  Check the frequencies in the upper left:

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00610AD.PDF

With regards to the US, the frequency of 121.x (where x is any number between 0 and 9) is normally a ground frequency.  This gives the controllers a shortcut when they tell the pilot to contact ground.  You will often hear, "contact ground, point niner," which translates to "contact ground on 121.9."

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »
hehe, I made a bad mistake there...

I just fixed it, sorry about that guys  :D

Offline ups702

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
I love the feed and listen to it as much as I can, was just confused by hearing Ground. Like I said, it was enjoyable as it's different to the normal tower traffic hearing the taxi instructions and even just acft being moved around the field.

Thanks for checking this out.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
Quote from: ups702
I love the feed and listen to it as much as I can, was just confused by hearing Ground. Like I said, it was enjoyable as it's different to the normal tower traffic hearing the taxi instructions and even just acft being moved around the field.

Thanks for checking this out.

Thank YOU for bringing it to my attention. I mightve left it on ground without you, and that wouldnt of been so great :) Thanks again  :D

Offline cb747

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:57:40 PM »
Within the next few weeks all of JFKs frequencies will be available. Im going to be taking on some of the feeds so between the 2 of us they all will be available for your listening pleasure :) I used to host all the feeds for JFK and LGA i guess a year ago or slightly more. If all goes as i hope it will ill have more frequencies for LGA too :)
                   Chris

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
Quote from: cb747
Within the next few weeks all of JFKs frequencies will be available. Im going to be taking on some of the feeds so between the 2 of us they all will be available for your listening pleasure :) I used to host all the feeds for JFK and LGA i guess a year ago or slightly more. If all goes as i hope it will ill have more frequencies for LGA too :)
                   Chris

What freqs are going to be added? Also, do you stream on one computer via multiple input cards?

I am going away for the weekend, so if the feed goes down (hopefully it wont) I wont be able to turn it on until sat night/sunday morning...

Offline cb747

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 09:55:43 PM »
Im going to be taking over for the guy thats doing it now who ironically took over from me!  So whatever frequencies your not covering i will. I had 2 scanners for JFK and one for LGA. One computer with 3 sound cards in it. Your doing just the tower im assuming? I can do the rest :) Have a nice trip this weekend :)

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 02:24:57 AM »
I really liked the gound freq. too, could you posibly run both in a scan with priority on tower. Posibly even 121.5.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 08:54:28 PM »
Quote from: blizzard242
I really liked the gound freq. too, could you posibly run both in a scan with priority on tower. Posibly even 121.5.

If someone would like to donate a scanner, and a soundcard I could definately do that. I dont think I can do it with one scanner though.  :D

Quote from: cb747
Have a nice trip this weekend

Thanks alot, luckilly I fixed my computer this time! So I do not anticipate any downtime... ever  :D  :D  Unless theres a power outage or something..

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 12:12:21 AM »
I may be getting a new scanner soon, I am replacing my Radio Shack pro-82 in a few months, when I replace it I might be able to donate it. P.S. I like your J-pole antenna, did you build it your self or abuy it.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 12:41:20 AM »
Quote from: blizzard242
I may be getting a new scanner soon, I am replacing my Radio Shack pro-82 in a few months, when I replace it I might be able to donate it. P.S. I like your J-pole antenna, did you build it your self or abuy it.

Very cool, let me know if you get it  :D

Its 1/2 bought, and 1/2 made by me. It didnt fit in my mount, so everything below the cabling connector had to be rebuild by me. It was easy, and it works great. Gotta love the pole  8)  8)