airtraffic

Author Topic: newbi and a question  (Read 6626 times)

Offline express1

newbi and a question
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:56:58 AM »
Good Morning from London (UK)

I joined up over the weekend,and was taking a look around the forum,and i must say,this site is really good. Its a dam pitty that the UK ATC don't do the same including going live with their ATC transmitions. All i can get that's live is this

http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LogReport/EGLLADSB.asp

but this isn't from Heathrow ATC,it's from a local resident who lives near Heathrow.

A qustion for all you JFK ATC staff.   Have you ever been to the UK,to see how the CAA work? and do any of those from the CAA go over to your patch to see how you work?

dave

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
Re: newbi and a question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
A qustion for all you JFK ATC staff.   Have you ever been to the UK,to see how the CAA work? and do any of those from the CAA go over to your patch to see how you work?

The Liveatc website is not run by any air traffic controllers, it is run by individuals who volunteer streams from their own, private locations.

Haven't been to the UK, not sure what the CAA over there is?

Enjoy!

Offline express1

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:42:10 AM »
not sure what the CAA over there is?

Its the Civil Aviation Athority over here,just like the FAA

dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
Read the FAQ, please.  The geniuses at Ofcom prohibit U.K. residents from feeding live ATC streams to the Internet, regardless of the fact that LiveATC is exempt from such rules.

Dave

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
faa is slowlys becoming caa

Offline Jacko

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
Out here we have CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority)

Offline Casper87

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »
"A qustion for all you JFK ATC staff.   Have you ever been to the UK,to see how the CAA work? and do any of those from the CAA go over to your patch to see how you work?"

The CAA dont actually provide any Air Traffic Services or controllers pal. They monitor air traffic standards and stuff like that. Kind of like the DVLA, they dont provide the UKs driving instructors but they set the standards.
NATS is the government ATS daddy in these parts, theyd be the only ones that go over the pond to check out the US. And I believe ATCOs do go back and forth occasionally to have a gander at whats going on tother side o pond.

Casp