airtraffic

Author Topic: JFK is back!!..Thank you!!!!  (Read 14464 times)

Offline MarkLawrence

JFK is back!!..Thank you!!!!
« on: December 10, 2004, 02:00:40 PM »
Thanks to all concerned for getting JFK back!!!...it's great to hear them again!!

Offline cb747

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 09:39:45 AM »
Your welcome Mark. I had to wait for a buddy from work to put the antenae up yesterday. The benefits of having a bucket truck available. I would have snapped a pic but it was raining out. The antennae is about 40 to 50 feet up i would guess. Any idea what happened to JFKTOWER.COM ?
                             Chris

Offline MarkLawrence

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:28:40 AM »
Thanks again Chris - I don't know what has happened to jfktower.com - I've emailed Dave Schoen to offer any assistance, but haven't heard back - I'm not sure if it's a jfktower.com problem or an ISP problem, but I keep checking!

Offline cb747

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 08:03:08 PM »
I dont know whats up with it either but i dont see many people wanting to PAY to post. I dont think itll ever be the same as it was. I do understand the reason behind it though. I know ive been reluctant to pay for a subscription..... How do the feeds sound to you now? Better, worse or the same? Dave had me lockout clearance and i was wondering if anyone misses it?
                        Chris

Offline MarkLawrence

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 10:45:28 PM »
As soon as Dave S said it was a pay to post site, I signed up - I've been with JFKTower.com for a good time...I miss the heck out of it...

Regarding the feed - to me, it sounds a little clearer than it was....yes..I am one of the people that misses clearance, but that is my own selfishness - I love to take the clearances that I heard and fly the legs exactly with the same type of aircraft and weather, etc in Flight Simulator 2004 - that's my main vice!  So, I'll miss those and some of the comments there used to be (things like..."the ever popular DELRO1 approach to Dulles"), but, I know a lot of people don't want to hear them...

Offline Polehill

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 05:27:46 AM »
Re:JFKTower.
LOL..as soon as I pay...the next day the site disappears!! well..that will  teach me..:-) and I paid for life membership...didnt think life could be so short!!!
But this is a great site and I spend many hours listening..I would even offer to host a feed from here in the UK but I understand that for legal reasons such an offer would be rejected..and I really have a nice scanner too..Its an Icom R-20...expensive..but very worth it.
Thanks for the good work on here guys...its a pleasure every time.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 09:13:42 AM »
Quote from: Polehill
Re:JFKTower.
LOL..as soon as I pay...the next day the site disappears!! well..that will  teach me..:-) and I paid for life membership...didnt think life could be so short!!!
But this is a great site and I spend many hours listening..I would even offer to host a feed from here in the UK but I understand that for legal reasons such an offer would be rejected..and I really have a nice scanner too..Its an Icom R-20...expensive..but very worth it.
Thanks for the good work on here guys...its a pleasure every time.

If a UK resident can manage to get some clarification from the authorities there I would be happy to host UK ATC feeds.  The law seems pretty clear...but from what I understand if you can secure permission from the relevant authorities then it's OK to stream live ATC.

A couple of folks have offered to do this but I haven't heard back from them.  I am sure it's a lengthy process, even when you can manage to locate the right person in charge.

-Dave

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 03:09:19 PM »
i would love to have a London Centre stream......when i fly online, most of the time its out of heathrow