Author Topic: Indy Approach  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Walters

• My Myspace page
Indy Approach
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
This is for the feeder of the ZID feed,  noticed it rotates from center to app/twr, you should always leave it on the tower/approach.its way cooler, i used to live in lafayette and i listened to it all the time i just moved and it makes me feel at home. Thanks. When the feed is on approach and tower i keep hearing cvg arrivals being cleard the cross cegrm@11000 and 14000 is that center or approach doing that??? if anyone knows let me know

Offline IndyTower

Re: Indy Approach
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:39:59 PM »
Well someone caught me. ;)  I didn't think anyone was really listening to ZID and I missed hearing IND so I had my mom (who's house the feed is at) change the frequencies.

Long story short (short explanation from me?), I used to run both IND and ZID feeds, but moved to PHL last October.  I went home for Xmas and when I did took one of my scanners back to my mom's place and started ZID back up, as I missed hearing it.  A week or so ago I asked her to change the banks to IND tower/app/dept.  I honestly didn't think anyone would notice.

Well I was going to wait I got back to say anything, but I've decided to transfer back to Indianapolis to be closer to family and friends from Purdue.  So, I will at least be starting up IND when I get back, possibly ZID.  For now, I'll leave the IND freqs on the ZID feed.

As far as the CVG arrivals, within the past year or so IND/ZID changed some of their airspace and IND approach handles CVG arrivals over CEGRM.  However, it's not all the time, so I'm asssuming it's only when CVG is in a certain configuration.  Other times, ZID 119.55 handles the CEGRM arrivals.  That is one of the freqs I pick up pretty well when I have ZID up.  Glad to hear someone enjoys it, and sorry to make it confusing by having it on the ZID feed.  I was just missing hearing IND and to have my mom change the url path would have been too complicated, and it's not easy to get to Indy.

Will be back to normal early April.

Matt

Offline Walters

• My Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:40:03 PM »
right on man, any chance of getting an laf feed, or will you be too far away, im in louisville right now on my way to miami for CTI school,and ill be missing the great midwest. thanks for keeping the ind freqs up.. those guys are alot busier than you would think.ps check out the sdf feed sometime if youre up late you can catch the ups evening arrival push its really entertaining between 11pm and 1 am
Thanks again
Matt

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
Yeah I keep forgetting to check out the UPS push.  I often listen to the FDX push on IND.  That's another good thing about having the ZID feed up...can hear SDF arrivals from the north. 

So you lived in Lafayette and you're not going to Purdue for CTI?  ;)  I used to run the LAF feed, but when I graduated, as you can guess, I moved and took it down.  I'll see what I can do about finding a new feeder for it. 

Matt

Offline Walters

• My Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
im too old for purdue. im 27 so im going to miami dade cause its a 2 yr program, and ive already got a bunch of college so i can knock it out in a year b4 i turn 29 so ill get my 2yrs of eligibility b4 im 31