Author Topic: IND on LAF feed for part of weekend  (Read 23094 times)

Offline IndyTower

IND on LAF feed for part of weekend
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:12:51 PM »
I will be going to my place in Indianapolis for the weekend as I do a couple weekends a month.  I had a feed running for IND over the summer, but switched to LAF when I moved back to Purdue.  I take my scanner down there anyway, so I figured I may as well let you all reap the benefit of me being able to listen to IND.  I know there are many many more members now, so I figured putting IND up again may be enjoyable for the new folks and those who listened to IND.

The feed will be down a couple hours this evening (Friday, Oct. 29), but when LAF is back up (probably around 8-9 EST) it will actually be IND tower/approach.  I'll be down there until sometime Sunday.  I'll prob add Indy Center frequencies overnight due to lack of traffic at IND Saturday nights.  Hope you enjoy.
Matt

Offline Marcus Wood

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:45:42 PM »
:twisted:  Sweet, I'm listening right now, with my traffic and now the gap filled in, if only for a weekend, WOW.  All I can say is what a TREAT!!!

Thank you and Safe and Happy Holloween

Marcus

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 01:06:19 AM »
I'm glad you're enthusiastic!!  I've been thinking about finding another cheap scanner to run an Indy feed that would run on my older computer once I bring it back to Indy.  Currently I'm just using my older machine as the network and soundcard on my 1 year old Dell seem to have stopped working altogether when I reformatted it.  Hopefully sometime in the next couple months I can update the Dell and get it running again.  Then I could start looking into a cheap scanner to run the 2nd feed.  

So, evenually, I'll try to get IND up permenantly.  Then, in the summer, when I'm away from LAF, I may be able to run a feed for IND and a Indy Center feed for coast to coast traffic along with aircraft on STARs to ORD, MDW, CVG, SDF, and DTW.  The ZID freqs above me are usually incredibly busy and pretty interesting.

I just need to get my funds up to do all this...so I dont' know how long it will be, but I'd love to be able to listen to IND when I'm at LAF and vice versa, and it looks by the # listening to IND now, there's a demand for the feed.  Thanks for the comment.
Matt

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 07:33:53 PM »
I'll be in Indy from the afternoon of Tues the 23rd of Nov until that Sunday afternoon, the 28th.  Therefore, I will take the scanner down and set it up to scan IND again for that time period.  Because this is Purdue's Thanksgiving break, traffic will be very limited.  So, sorry to those of you who like LAF...hope those of you who like listening to IND enjoy!
Matt

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 03:42:20 PM »
Sorry to clutter up the board...but I didn't those who enjoy IND to miss out.  I am currently feeding IND and/or Indy Center from now until about January 10th.  Both IND and Indy Center over my location are very busy, so I'll probably switch back and forth between these.  The new CVG feed will make it more interesting as arrivals/departures from the west talk to ZID on 119.55 on the way in/out...which I'll be scanning when I scan ZID.  
Hope you all enjoy while I'm in IND.
Matt

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 04:04:37 PM »
thanks! just followed a comair flight all the way through its flight CVG-IND, much faster than driving! (we stop in indy on our way to my grandparents, they live near terra-haute and we are in oxford-KOXD)

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 06:20:44 PM »
Based on the popularity of the Dubuque feed at the moment (almost 30 listeners), and the fact that alot of the traffic on the feed is high altitude ARTCC, and the fact that I'm in Indy for the weekend, I've decided to feed high altitude (and low) Indy Center over the weekend.  Just to remind, this is on the LAF feed under Class D/Center.

I will have it on IND approach at some times for selfish reasons. ;)

Enjoy!

Matt

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 06:52:19 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be in Indianapolis about 3 out of 4 weekends a month until May...so I'll no longer post messages saying I'm feeding IND or Indy Center.  You can just figure that if it's a weekend, IND is probably on the LAF feed...so I'll stop taking up room on the board with it!

Enjoy,

Matt

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 03:35:29 PM »
By the way would you happen to have ARTCC sector charts for IND center with their frequencies or can you somehow reply to me with them if you dont have said charts but just the frequencies and where they cover.Mostly interested in high and super high level coverage

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »
I don't have charts but I kind of have an idea for the Indy area...can't help you with much more than that.  I know that 132.2 is low altitude Terre Haute sector and 134.17 is high altitude Terre Haute over TTH VOR just west of Indy.  I believe 133.42 and 132.77 are superhigh in the Indy/Brickyard VOR area.  119.55 and 124.52 are low altitude around Indy.  

Don't know if this helps, but here are some ZAU freqs that border ZID to the north...123.85 is low discrete and 135.75 is low over Boiler VOR just northwest of Indy.  I believe 119.85, 120.97 and 121.27 are just north of Indy over the Kokomo - Ft. Wayne region.  I just know that Indy departure and ZID hand aircraft going north to those freqs.

I know some people at ZID ARTCC and may be able to pick up some kind of a map if they have it the week after next.  So if I get ahold of something I can scan it and send it to you or maybe get it incorporated into the site.  Hope that helps for now.

Also on that note, I'll be in Indy all of the week after next, from about Mar. 11-20.  Is it safe to assume you'd like me to scan ZID for some of that time?

Matt

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 06:17:52 PM »
thanks matt would be nice if you would do so.you wouldnt happen to know the eastern most frequencies that border Wash ARTCC.Secondly if you can get those charts from your friend that would be just great.also if you need anything from the ny area let me know thanks again

Mike

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 07:22:32 PM »
I went to the center today and was able to get a map, although the person giving me the tour was only able to find a map with the low altitude sectors/frequencies.  I'll scan it and see if it can be incorporated into the site somehow next week...don't have access to a scanner until then.  

For your reference until then, here are the low altitude freqs for the airspace bordering ZDC:

PKB LO 127.1/290.4
            125.55/398.9
AZQ LO 126.57/257.85  

I have a friend starting training at the center on Monday so I'll see if he can get a high altitude map for me in the next few weeks.

Matt

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 11:36:53 AM »
thanks matt

Offline Marcus Wood

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 03:04:59 PM »
thanks matt would be nice if you would do so.you wouldnt happen to know the eastern most frequencies that border Wash ARTCC.Secondly if you can get those charts from your friend that would be just great.also if you need anything from the ny area let me know thanks again

Good site for all ARTCC Freq's, HIGH, LOW, MILITARY included with the Citys that cover the Freq's http://www.milaircomms.com/artcc_frequencies.html

Marcus

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 03:11:47 PM »
however not quite up to date on frequencies.If you listen to the various feeds they are more or less like 75-80 percent correct.Some frequencies aren't listed and some are listed as wrong altitiude coverage if you have a flight tracker to confirm so you would see what I mean

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 08:29:48 PM »
I left my scanner in Indy for the week as I'll only be in Lafayette Mon-Wed...didn't see much use in moving everything for just 3 days.  So from now until Weds the 13th it'll be on IND tower and approach/departure, and from Weds till Sunday it'll be on that or Indy center...whichever is comin in more clear and has the most traffic at the time.  Enjoy.  

Matt

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 01:20:23 PM »
really enjoyed this past thursday listening to your feed since you had your scanner set on the High level traffic.Heard 132.775,128.775,135.8,120.575,134.175,127.025,132.525,134.7,128.375,134.275,123.775,and 133.05.Would appreciate again if you can get hold of the high and low sector charts for IND Center. It would definetly improve my listeing to you feed.Hope things are well again over there and as a request if it is possible more High level please and if you can answer a really quick quetion here ? what are th high and super high level indy center frequencies that border the western edges of CLE center if you can help with that.Take care

Mike

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 01:43:07 PM »
Hey just put the high level freqs back on...will probably leave them on the rest of the weekend as it seems they're the most popular.  I'll add the low levels when it gets slow as well.

As far as getting a map, I had trouble getting even the low level map, and asked about getting the high and super high but the guy giving me a tour of ZID couldn't find any at the time.  He seemed quite busy and the while I really appreciated the tour, it was a bit rushed.  I didn't want to burden him too much by trying to get more.  I'm also not familiar with any of the freqs besided the ones besides the ones right over me.  Sorry, wish I could help you more.  

I have a friend who got hired on and is in training at ZID...I may not be able to get ahold of him for a while, but it's a slight possibility he'd be able to get me a map.  No promises...he and I are both quite busy...especially with it  being the end of the school year for me and summer classes and working quite a bit at the same time.  I'll do what I can.

For the meantime...I'll put on a few of the other high level freqs on...the ones I have now are the ones where I can get both aircraft and ATC...but I'll add some more just for fun.  Glad to hear people are out there listening and enjoying the feed.

Matt