Author Topic: HF notes....  (Read 9039 times)

Offline RRKen

HF notes....
« on: December 05, 2004, 01:01:45 PM »
While listening to the HF feed, I have noted some flight call signs that are unfamiliar to me.  One such in particular is "REACH"(eg. REACH 719).  I have searched and cannot find any Airline that matches that call.  Most other call signs I have been able to "translate".  

Any hints?

As an aside, this feed has far better reception than any other HF reciever on-line.   Quite impressive.

Ken

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: HF notes....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 01:24:18 PM »
Quote from: RRKen
While listening to the HF feed, I have noted some flight call signs that are unfamiliar to me.  One such in particular is "REACH"(eg. REACH 719).  I have searched and cannot find any Airline that matches that call.  Most other call signs I have been able to "translate".  

Any hints?

As an aside, this feed has far better reception than any other HF reciever on-line.   Quite impressive.

Ken

Thanks.  I have a lot of experience in radio, both HF abd UHF/UHF/microwave, so I know how to get the most out of a receiving location.  I happen to live in a generally quiet and good location.

REACH is a military flight.

This reference may help:

http://www.grove-ent.com/EXmdaero.html

-Dave

Offline IndyTower

HF notes....
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 01:56:25 PM »
www.atcmonitor.com

In the left frame of this page, there is a link for "FAA Designators and Callsigns."  You can look up information via callsign, three letter identifier, and by company name.  This has basically every callsign and airline/aircraft company in the world.

Matt