Author Topic: HF INO-1 feed - hopeless  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Rob K

HF INO-1 feed - hopeless
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:10:20 AM »
Hi,

Can the operator of this feed please address the squelch issue so that it is listenable.  At the moment it isn't because the squelch is cutting out 95% of the transmissions.  Squelch shouldn't even be used on HF anyway.

Thanks.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: HF INO-1 feed - hopeless
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
This is not a normal HF feed and it can't be modified.  I can't elaborate more than that.

It is clearly not suitable for SELCAL decoding so feel free to ignore it.  :-)

Offline Rob K

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »
This is not a normal HF feed and it can't be modified.  I can't elaborate more than that.

It is clearly not suitable for SELCAL decoding so feel free to ignore it.  :-)

Dave, it's nothing to do with the selcals.  Besides, they are given verbally anyway.  The problem is that the squelch is cutting out 95% of the transmissions.  If nothing can be done to improve it then it may as well be removed altogether as it is hopeless as it stands.  Please listen to it to understand the problem!   :|

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:27:52 AM »
I do understand the issue.  But for now the feed is staying online.  It can't be modified in any way at the moment.  It may go away at some point, but for now it stays as is and everything that comes along with that.  Which I understand may mean no listeners.

Offline Rob K

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
I do understand the issue.  But for now the feed is staying online.  It can't be modified in any way at the moment.  It may go away at some point, but for now it stays as is and everything that comes along with that.  Which I understand may mean no listeners.

Hmm okay.  If any members have any magical solutions on how to hear transmissions through squelch then do share...

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »
When there is a better place to get a real HF receiver online there will be coverage of this particular area.  Instead of focusing on the negative, let's work to find a way to get coverage rather than harping about the same thing endlessly.  That is not productive.

Offline Rob K

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »
When there is a better place to get a real HF receiver online there will be coverage of this particular area.  Instead of focusing on the negative, let's work to find a way to get coverage rather than harping about the same thing endlessly.  That is not productive.

Agreed.  And in fact you've just reminded me of something...