Author Topic: liveATC.net  (Read 5814 times)

Offline Randyo2

liveATC.net
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »
Can someone help me? My VISTA computer will go to the home page of liveATC, but when I click on "LISTEN" it says it can't display the page? I've called tech support at HP but all they want is MONEY!!!!! It's really frustrating
thanks yall........ :?

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
Re: liveATC.net
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
ideally, it should open automatically with a media player of some sort.

on the listen button, right click and then click on 'save target as'. select a place to download the file, and open it. it should open automatically by default with windows media player. if not, right click the file again > open with > and then select windows media player/winamp/itunes or whatever you have installed on your computer.

have you got a firewall installed? if so, check the settings or turn off the firewall and try liveatc.net again. if it works, then you've isolated the problem.

you could try downloading and using firefox your internet browser as it could also be a problem with internet explorer. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Offline MathFox

• The Flying Fox
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:31:09 PM »
Go to HP and demand the money for Vista back; then install Ubuntu Linux  :-D

Anyway, if you want to use Vista, get a proper web browser and media player; Firefox and Winamp are good choices. iTunes can play the LiveATC streams too (at least under Mac OS).

Offline Randyo2

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:11:08 PM »
Thanks everybody. I can't believe that I can't listen to liveatc. I'll try all of your suggestions thanks so much... randy

Offline Randyo2

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
OMG.... I took your advice and downloaded Mozilla... it WORKS LIKE A CHARM. :-o   THANKS AGAIN.....

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
*feeds firefoxy*
it's the best!

Offline Hopkins

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »
Randyo2: I can help you with your IE7/Vista issue if you're still interested.  These things are usually a browser plug-in issue.

MathFox: Exactly what about IE and WMP make them not "proper"?