Author Topic: KMCI feed issues  (Read 4334 times)

Offline mwkraft55

KMCI feed issues
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with the KMCI feed. A few months ago it was brought online, but the behavior of the feed was a little strange. The approach/departure  frequencies worked quite well, with both aircraft and controller being heard. The ground frequency also seemed to work pretty well, and although a bit weak sometimes, both aircraft and controller were heard. But the tower was pretty strange. Airborne aircraft were heard, but aircraft on the ground and the controller were not heard. Also, later at night, when they simulcast tower on two different frequencies, the tower controller becomes crystal clear (apparently the alt. frequency is transmitted in a different way or something).

A few weeks ago the feed was offline for a while. I checked it today and noticed it was back online, but now only airborne aircraft are heard. 

Was the location of the feed changed? Just curious if anyone knows whats going on with this feed, and why it is no longer to pick up 2-way communications.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KMCI feed issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »
It moved to a new location - not sure where in relation to the field yet.  There is a chance it may not support picking up both sides, which would be a shame.  Still checking into it.

Offline rhino512

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Thanks for bringing this up!  When it first started broadcasting, it was fantastic.  I am a controller at MCI and there are tons of times that I want to go back and listen to a certain session for numerous reasons.  It's harder to get tapes from our facility than it should be and quite frankly, is a crying shame.

Offline mwkraft55

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »
Thanks for the information about the feed location. Hopefully it can be fixed so both sides can be heard.