Author Topic: Help, Aircraft diverted, Where is the audio?  (Read 3295 times)

Offline BulletG

Help, Aircraft diverted, Where is the audio?
« on: May 21, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »
Hey, first time making a post here. trying to find the audio for this flight.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RAX121

Departed KLNK 5/18 at 20:18 CDT (UTC 5/19 02:18)
arrived     KJEF  5/18 at 21:49 CDT (UTC 5/19 03:39)

I cant seem to find center archives or find them going through KMCI App/dep. I hope someone can help me find this. Thank you!

Offline tyketto

Re: Help, Aircraft diverted, Where is the audio?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:17:57 PM »
Hey, first time making a post here. trying to find the audio for this flight.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RAX121

Departed KLNK 5/18 at 20:18 CDT (UTC 5/19 02:18)
arrived     KJEF  5/18 at 21:49 CDT (UTC 5/19 03:39)

I cant seem to find center archives or find them going through KMCI App/dep. I hope someone can help me find this. Thank you!

This is going to be a hard one to find.

First off, KLNK isn't covered by LiveATC, at least at the local/ground/tower level. For approach/departure, it would be covered by Omaha Approach, on 124.0. I haven't seen that feed active in years, so I believe it's gone. After that, you're looking at ZMP (Minneapolis Center), though I'm not sure of the frequencies they would have used out of LNK. They filed IFR, so Center would have picked them up. If anything, their routing and altitude would have them avoiding the MCI Class B airspace, so you may pick them up on the MCI Approach/departure or ZKC feeds.

KJEF has its own TRACON facility, which like the tower, isn't covered either. There isn't a feed in that area. So the best you'll have would be something from ZMP, MCI, or ZKC. Have a look at those feeds at the times in question, give/take 20 minutes from when they departed, and see what you can see.

BL.

Offline BulletG

Re: Help, Aircraft diverted, Where is the audio?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 03:10:45 AM »
Thanks you very much for your reply.
Very informative, I was under the impression that most things where recorded for open use but, that makes sense. I greatly appreciate it.
Thank You again!