Author Topic: Hawaiian, American, and Delta soon to fly out of Haneda. RJTT Tokyo  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr

Offline sykocus

I'm a little disappointed COA/CMI didn't get any routes. It's takes 3.5 hours to fly from here to Japan, but it takes almost 2 hours on the train from Narita to downtown Tokyo. A direct flight to "downtown" would be awesome.

Offline tyketto

I'm a little disappointed COA/CMI didn't get any routes. It's takes 3.5 hours to fly from here to Japan, but it takes almost 2 hours on the train from Narita to downtown Tokyo. A direct flight to "downtown" would be awesome.

This is still possible for CMI, though.. granted, passengers would have to transition to COA at PGUM, but still a possibility. Does CMI have service to RJAA?

I wonder if this (RJTT-PHNL) will be one of the routes that HAL throws their newly received A330 onto. IF so, that just screams of classic AWE.. Hopefully, they make it more profitable than AWE did with their B742s..

BL.

Offline sykocus

This is still possible for CMI, though.. granted, passengers would have to transition to COA at PGUM, but still a possibility. Does CMI have service to RJAA?

I wonder if this (RJTT-PHNL) will be one of the routes that HAL throws their newly received A330 onto. IF so, that just screams of classic AWE.. Hopefully, they make it more profitable than AWE did with their B742s..

BL.

I don't know all the legalities on how COA and CMI operate, but I saw that both applied for routes to RJTT but neither were selected. Normally they fly three times daily to RJAA. 2 764's and a 738. Last week was golden week in Japan they had a 737 in addition to the normal flights, but was probably only for the holidays.

Offline tyketto

BL.

I don't know all the legalities on how COA and CMI operate, but I saw that both applied for routes to RJTT but neither were selected. Normally they fly three times daily to RJAA. 2 764's and a 738. Last week was golden week in Japan they had a 737 in addition to the normal flights, but was probably only for the holidays.

CMI definitely flew that B738. They do have a 767 in their fleet, but I can't remember if it is a -300 or -400. If -300, it's CMI. if -400, it's a COA jet.. Very interesting indeed. So COA may have a way around it, via CMI.

BL.

Offline sykocus

CMI definitely flew that B738. They do have a 767 in their fleet, but I can't remember if it is a -300 or -400. If -300, it's CMI. if -400, it's a COA jet.. Very interesting indeed. So COA may have a way around it, via CMI.

BL.

They (CMI) have a many of 738's based in GUM. It's the 737's that are new (I think there's just two). At one point all the aircraft were technically being leased from COA. The 767's they fly out here rotate though the mainland via HNL, and they're always -400's. On the 76's the pilots are IAH based but the flight attendants are GUM based. In the end CMI is a wholly owned subsidy of CMI so regardless of the paper work it all belongs to COA.

COA did just announce they will be flying many "charter" flights to RJTT this summer, but they did not get DOT permission to run regular service. I'm not sure what that means. Maybe you can only get a reservation though a travel agency not though the airline directly.