airtraffic

Author Topic: Ground Control simulation  (Read 19174 times)

Offline jester115

Ground Control simulation
« on: April 25, 2005, 03:28:42 AM »
hey all, i just stumbled upon this site earlier tonight.  Seems to be some trainging type program that NY controllers use (prolly not the real thing at all) but it seemed interesting since noone has put out a ground control game on the market yet.  Maybe it has future potential.  Neways, check it out, might be interesting to you.

http://www.jfasttrack.com/demos/Ground/

Joey

Offline girardot

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 02:29:09 PM »
Thanks for the link, looks pretty cool.

Along these same lines, I just happened on this free ATC sim:

http://www.xavius.com/downloads.html

Haven't gotten through the manual yet. Free version is all text based, but looks interesting none the less.

Regards,
Blake Girardot

Offline samD

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 05:45:29 PM »
VATSIM's NYARTCC uses it as a training tool. It's very effective. It teaches how to sequence aircraft depeding on the exit point and how to utilize the taxiways.

Sam Dicker
Events Director, Mentor - VATSIM NYARTCC

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:52:35 PM »
Quote from: girardot
Thanks for the link, looks pretty cool.

Along these same lines, I just happened on this free ATC sim:

http://www.xavius.com/downloads.html

Haven't gotten through the manual yet. Free version is all text based, but looks interesting none the less.

Regards,
Blake Girardot

Version 2.0 of ATCC should be released soon and will be very interesting.  It will include flight strip holder racks with the strips, I think your able to write on them, voice recognition.  It will be one of the top sims out there.  ATC Simulator is also coming out with a new version which will have live traffic (10 or so minute delay) which will be quite interesting as well.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:35:52 PM »
Oh come on Jason, don't get people excited about ATCC v2.0 coming out. If you look at the forum like I do every morning. Then you would soon find out that this product has been in development for 3-4 years. ATCC 1.1 came out in 97'. We can all look forward to it coming out, but to say it's almost done, nahhhhh.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 07:22:23 AM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach
Oh come on Jason, don't get people excited about ATCC v2.0 coming out. If you look at the forum like I do every morning. Then you would soon find out that this product has been in development for 3-4 years. ATCC 1.1 came out in 97'. We can all look forward to it coming out, but to say it's almost done, nahhhhh.

Did you see Chris's post in the forum on April 26th 2005?  About the e-mail list for the release?

It will be soon...