airtraffic

Author Topic: Great feed of Boston ARTCC  (Read 20282 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

Great feed of Boston ARTCC
« on: November 10, 2004, 05:12:25 PM »
I must say that being in the NYC area the last frequency I get from departing traffic toward Europe is 127.825 but with the addition of the frequencies that are on the experimental boston artcc hookup is a great compliment to my scanner listening. Good to hear also traffic coming in on 133.45 and 134.95 switching to the first freq i hear on my scanner without listening to the feed.I know I am asking much but would be greatly appreciated by this listener to add 135.7 to the fray as to hear European Traff coming into DTW and some ORD flights as well

Offline SkyViking

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 08:04:31 AM »
Those Boston High Level freqs. are terrific!  Lost of heavy guys all the way from Miami and even Mexico transitting this airspace heading to Europe.  Its great to have the free Flight Tracker on at the time to see what type and where they are going.

GREAT WORK DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend quite a few hours a day stuck to your site, and always have a feed on at work!

Cyrus

boston atc
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 11:25:12 AM »
FLIGHT WATCH seems a super idea to watch action on this GREAT feed...Can you give me the web site for this flight tracker...thanks in advance  akb

BOSTON ARTCC
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:00:20 AM »
Thanks for the helpful reply on Tracking ...am now up and running ,,great
SkyViking I owe you a Guinness in Allens (Irish Bar in Toronto).akb

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 09:37:20 AM »
If you have the cash, these are the best two flight trackers I'm aware of.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/ANLV/index.htm

http://www.fepersonal.com/400/

I'm using Flight Explorer and it makes a huge difference when you can see all the traffic.

Also for those not aware of it, this site will give you the daily NAT tracks.

https://www.notams.jcs.mil/common/nat.html

DJ

Offline SkyViking

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 09:13:30 AM »
JetScan1:  Thanks for the tip on the fee required flight trackers.  Can you use it from any computer by logging in or is it computer sensative?  Usually during the day at work I keep my computer speakers on with the North Atlantic or some other feed but also at home I usually track the skys on clear days.  Over Toronto we get a lot of the NYC - Asia/ANC flow and the ORD/DTW - Europe heavies.  Being able to see the "whole" picture on your screen would be great!

Cyrus

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:32:52 AM »
SkyViking,

Can you use it from any computer by logging in or is it computer sensative?

As far as Flight Explorer goes, you would have to download the required software (16.1 MB) on each computer you want to run it on. Once the software is installed you can run it from different computers using one account. It's free to download but costs US$9.95 for 10 hours a month.

I'm not familiar with AirNav, but looking at their website they charge $79.95 to download the software, but they don't seem to mention anything about monthly connect charges. If $79.95 is all you have to pay, with no connect charges then I'd say this is a better deal ? Anyone here use AirNav, are there connect charges too ?

Over Toronto we get a lot of the NYC - Asia/ANC flow and the ORD/DTW - Europe heavies.

Yes, I find high altitude airspace much more interesting to monitor, when you have something like Flight Explorer available, than terminal and approach. It would be great to have a radio dedicated to this in the Toronto area.

DJ