Author Topic: Gobble Gobble Gobble 2014  (Read 9415 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Gobble Gobble Gobble 2014
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:06:33 PM »
It's time for my yearly pre-Thanksgiving post.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  What should we be thankful for this year?  Well, for one, we should thank our fearless leader for all the hard work he does.  I really appreciate it.  And a special thanks to our buddy Ken, who has done an amazing job following Air Force 1 across the state of California and posting updates on FaceBook all over the place, where people can listen to the AF1 coms. 

Also, it's going to be an interesting listening across the Eastern Seaboard for the next few days with people traveling and the storms.  It sounds like it is going to be interesting.   

Enjoy your turkeys everyone!

If you would like, please post which ATC related things you are thankful for this year.

Have a great one guys.  :mrgreen:

Offline JohnN

• KBLM, KWRI, KNEL, 3N6, N12, ZNY
    • Monmouth County Weather
Re: Gobble Gobble Gobble 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
I'm thankful for all the help everyone here has been giving me. I never thought my feed would be so popular, and it's all thanks to everyone here.

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56:32 PM »
I'm currently running six feeds with maybe a few more on the way.  Without the help of a number of people here and especially Dave, this would never have happened.  Thank you to all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Ron

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all - all of you guys are great!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »
Didn't I tell you Dave, i would do something like this?  Promise kept.   

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:46:05 AM »
Thanks Chananya, Dave, and to all my LiveATC buddies out there!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :-D
Ken

Offline Sagdiyev

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 01:18:17 PM »
With some delay I wish happy Thanksgiving to all feed providers on LiveATC.net and thank to all of You for your effort.
Often times LiveATC give me a break from everyday cares so big THANK YOU to everyone!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »

This reminds me of the time when I was flying out for the holidays in 2002.. I was at KLAS, and had my scanner on me while I was waiting for my flight. I tuned to the ATIS just in time to hear the following (I thought it was cute/funny, which is why I remember it)

McCarran International Airport Information Uniform, one eight five six Zulu. Wind two two zero at four. Visibility one zero. Sky clear below one two thousand. Temperature one three. Dewpoint minus one. Altimeter two niner niner seven. Visual approaches in use. Landing runway two five left, one niner left, one niner right. Departing runway two five right, one niner left, and one niner right. Simultaneous approaches to crossing and parallel runways in use. Notices to airmen: gobble gobble happy Thanksgiving. Ground control combined on one two one point one. Helicopter control open on one two three point eight two. Advise on initial contact, you have information uniform.

After Thanksgiving, they replaced the NOTAM with "ho ho ho happy holidays". It would be kinda neat if the tower could include something like that in the ATIS again.

BL.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »
Lol. That would be funny if LAX would do something similar.

Offline RonR

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
 :-D That is funny!  But aren't most ATIS broadcasts at larger airports automated now?  Makes me think you wouldn't hear something like that there anymore...

Offline tyketto

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
:-D That is funny!  But aren't most ATIS broadcasts at larger airports automated now?  Makes me think you wouldn't hear something like that there anymore...

That's what made it funny. This WAS the automated ATIS broadcast! They have control over what they can put out on the ATIS, as it is just programming Mr. Automated-Robot-ATIS-Man's voice.

Now.. if they could have added that to the AWOS and ASOS as well, that would be great.

BL.

Offline RonR

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
OH I SEE!!!   :lol: That must have sounded hilarious in that mechanical voice!  That's great!  Thanks for sharing that!

Ron

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all - all of you guys are great!

Thanks Dave, and all of your crew, for providing this great website. Thanks to each and every feed provider. I'm proud to be part of this awesome community of aviation enthusiasts. Everyone here provides a little bit of this world we all love. Happy Thanksgiving, each and every one of you! (Few days late, I now...)  8-)