airtraffic

Author Topic: FLL Planes & Thangs  (Read 3513 times)

Offline captkel

FLL Planes & Thangs
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
Had to do a passenger drop off at Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International today around 3 p. m. local time...and I brought the camera! It was a busy time. I counted 12 jets waiting for departure...that's a good amount for FLL. A lot of jet arrivals too, all using one runway. The other parallel runway is for smaller turboprop, etc. aircraft.
The new Vortac (strange setup) was in operation for what seems like a month, it put out an excellent signal. I'm probably 15-20 miles away and with my radios/antenna setup I got a S-6 signal/full quieting. It has been out of service for months. Not that a Vortac matters a whole lot these days, I hope they get it in service. I miss the .._.   ._..   ._..

KEL :-D 

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: FLL Planes & Thangs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »
Interesting VOR platform.  :-)  First time I've seen one like that.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
Interesting VOR platform indeed!  8-)

Neat pics! I like the one of "Illinois One", sharp looking airplane. Somewhere, in my collection, I have a couple pics of the classic B737-2H4 N68SW "The Winning Spirit" in the desert brown scheme taken at KFLL a few years back...kinda miss those loud smokey things...

I also think I have the original Shamu scheme as well...think I saw her at KMDW...I'll have to dig those up...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:57:13 AM by joeyb747 »

Offline captkel

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
I had a thought; since the Vortac is not working, why don't they unbolt it from the walls, tow it away and wheel in a new one? :?

KEL