airtraffic

Author Topic: frequency to listen in my area?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline marcelcote

frequency to listen in my area?
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:55:37 PM »
Hi!
I'm a little bit confuse with all frequency available lol!  I leave in Northern West of New-Brunswick Canada and I lot of airliners are crossing over my city (Saint-Quentin) and I would like to listen to them! But with frequency I should go on?

thanks in advance

Offline JetScan1

Re: frequency to listen in my area?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 08:34:47 AM »
lot of airliners are crossing over my city (Saint-Quentin) and I would like to listen to them! But with frequency I should go on?

For traffic at 29000 feet (FL290) and above 126.325 Moncton Center. They also might use 133.350 depending on traffic volume. Just to the southwest is 128.050 Boston Center and to the southeast 132.700 Moncton Center. For traffic at 28000 feet (FL280) and below 134.250 or 123.700 Moncton Center.

Offline marcelcote

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 04:27:37 AM »
ok thanks it’s working.  Do you have the frequency of those landing in Quebec?

Offline blacktop

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 07:56:15 AM »
There are feeds from Quebec City (CYQB) here on the site.    Direct link: https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=CYQB  You can pick the Approach/Departure frequencies off of there if you are listening to them on your own radio/scanner.  If you want to hear the transmissions from the ground, then I suggest listening to the feeds as it looks like you are some distance from the airport.

Offline marcelcote

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 01:13:52 PM »
What I try to find is the high altitude frequencies of the route used by transporters that go to Quebec

Offline blacktop

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 10:03:22 PM »
Jetscan1 has probably given you the most appropriate feeds for your area. You might catch some aircraft on the right track that may be heading to CYQB down through mid-to-northern PQ. There are a couple of high level feeds on the CYQB site that might lead to low-level handoffs as they head towards Quebec City (if that happens). I've only recently been listening to the high level feeds. Maybe give a listen, combined with FlightRadar24, FlightAware, etc might give you some more transmissions to listen to. If Jetscan1 happens to check this thread, maybe he could offer some insight as to whether that occurs much.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 10:24:41 AM »
If Jetscan1 happens to check this thread, maybe he could offer some insight as to whether that occurs much.

Attached are my high altitude notes for that area. (need to be logged into forum to see them).

Often the Moncton high sectors are combined and cross-coupled so you might be able to hear the controller and aircraft on 126.325 (or 133.350) on the "CYQM Moncton Center High" feed. https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=yqm. It will depend though on how the sectors are configured. (Unfortunately this feed is subject to splash over and squelch issues).   

What I try to find is the high altitude frequencies of the route used by transporters that go to Quebec

Not a lot of westbound traffic into CYQB this time of year. I did find this flight on the 5th that passed through your sector. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ENT520/history/20211205/2036Z/BIKF/CYQB

Here's an audio clip of ENT520 arriving into CYQB on the 5th, using feeds from CYYR, CYQM, CYFB*, CYOW*, CYQB.  https://vocaroo.com/1fTkFxW1lM8R

* at the time the CYFB Montreal Northern Low Sectors were cross-coupled with the Southern Sectors, and Quebec Terminal (CYQB) was cross-couples with Ottawa Terminal (CYOW)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:30:53 AM by JetScan1 »