Author Topic: For the person supplying the CVG feed ?  (Read 11162 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

For the person supplying the CVG feed ?
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:01:23 AM »
Quick question if you cananswer. What protocol is used in determining between which frequency(123.925 and 135.575) is CVG departures handed off to. I have heard several departures on the feed at different times of the day to the same city for example some times newark arrivals i hear them handed off to 135.575 and then maybe a half hour later another newark departure is handed off to 123.925. Is it because of the departure sid's(Jodub,Rockt,or the Whitewater)that are fuiled by the flights . Been trying to nail down the reason

Offline java146

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »
I can't seem to find concrete evidence, but here is what I have found.
The two frequencies listed are center control frequencies for the Merwyn Center sector.  135.575 is listed as being, "High", altitude, while 123.925 is listed as being, "Low Discrete" (altitude).    I wonder if the centers load or work, or if cruising altitude, has something to do with it?

All three departures appear to have different steps, or altitude ranges, as aircraft pass different waypoints.  The difference between the three really seem to lie in where they go.  The Jodub Two heads southeast (below Buckeye MOA), the Rockt One heads northeast (north of that MOA), and the Whitewater Three heads Northwest.    There are also time limits for departures, according to the terminall procedure (link below).

Anyone else reading know what altitudes "descrete low" and "high" altitudes actually are?  18k-24 low? 24+ high? etc

Hope that helps!

- Bill

Here is one place to find the Terminal Procedures:
http://204.108.4.16/digital_tpp.asp?ver=0504&eff=4-14-2005&end=5-12-2005

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 09:59:49 AM »
This morning for a few hours I was monitoring 123.925 and 135.575, and watching the traffic using Flight Explorer. At that time (around 09:00am EDT) they were using 123.925 for CVG departures flying the CINCINNATI-9 SID via RIKLE or DQN, and using 135.575 for CVG departures flying the ROCKT-1 and JODUB-2 SIDs.

The latest Indianapolis sector map I have does not show the 135.575 sector, although from the older chart I have and from monitoring, it appears 135.575 overlays part of the York (134.000) and River (124.225) sectors that include the ROCKT and JODUB SID routings, FL230 and below.

Also noted on 135.575 were CMH departures southbound via J186 to ATL and TPA, checking on climbing out of 7000-8000 for 10000, then cleared to FL230 before handoff to the high sector.

Maybe those EWR departures were re-routed off their normal route via RIKLE over to ROCKT or JODUB due weather or traffic ? Or maybe 135.575 is only used during peak times and they split the sectors depending on traffic volume ? I know, doesn't really answer your question. I'm kinda busy over the next week, but maybe the following week I can take a closer look at these sectors and routes out of CVG.

DJ

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 11:24:37 AM »
Thanks guys for the feedback it is greatly appreciated.Jetscan if it wouldn't be a bother if I can ask you to relay the INDY ARTCC sector maps to me in some way or form by either e-mailing them to me or even posting them here so I can download them and print them out here. I have all the ARTCC sector maps of the east w/the exception of INDY(high and low). I even tried calling INDY and see if it was possible if they could send them to me by mail or e-mail and they said they would try(3 weeks ago i might add). It would be greatly appreciated jetscan(i do remember you saying you were busy) but I would be more than happy return the favor somehow.PLEASE. Thanks

Mike

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 01:46:15 PM »
I have a map of low altitude ZID, and 135.75 is PIK low sector...bordered by LEX sector to the west, CVG to the northwest, YRK to the horth, PKB to the east, and AZQ to the southeast.  So basically its east/southeast of the ZID CVG low sector...hope that helps.

I've been meaning to scan the low altitude ZID map..tried one time and couldn't get it all on the scanner.  It's a pretty big piece of paper.  I have finals and lots of stuff going on this weekend, but I'll have plenty of time next week to try to mess with it...no guarantees I'll be able to get it in one piece.

Matt

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39:38 AM »
Mike,

What's your e-mail again ? I'll send you some Flight Explorer screen shots that show the Indy sector boundaries.

DJ

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »
thanks jet scan it is emd91123@yahoo.com again thanks a lot greatly. if you need some ny area thnings let me know

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »
once again Jetscan1 you have been of great help. In the upcoming days I am going to start a database of frequencies here in thr NYC area to post and sector maps also. I cant thank you more than enough DJ

Mike

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 02:07:46 PM »
hey Mike remember I was gonna do that, but instead of just NY, do the  whole US.  :wink:  I could contribute if you want.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 08:08:12 PM »
easy Ed  :wink: I could supply the frequencies and transmitter sites. I do have to someday learn how to scan my charts into files so I can post them aboard the forum. It however is going to be a busy week or 2 for me so at the soonest I WILL GET ON IT GANG 8)