airtraffic

Author Topic: Help as to how to report feed issues  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Joseph Alexander

Help as to how to report feed issues
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
Hello Dave,

It does not appear as if registered users are permitted to create new threads in the Status portion of this board.  Am I correct?  If not, could you please instruct me?  Thanks

Instead, I am trying to report here that the KORD tower, approach and departure frequencies appear to have a large amount of hum riding on the audio stream, which appears to be at the source.  It is not related to the type of download stream.

Hope this is of assistance.

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: Help as to how to report feed issues
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
I have talked to Dave about this myself.  If I'm not mistaken the hum is the worst on the approach feed? Second worse would probably be tower.  In my opinion departure sounds the best of the all.  Do you concur (I am not the feeder) I am trying to just share my opinion and see what you guys think.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
We know about the hum and can't do anything about it at this time.  There will be a major upgrade in Chicago over the next 2-3 months and it should be corrected around then, possibly before.  For now, if you use Winamp, you should be able to attenuate it quite a bit in the Winamp audio equalizer.  If you don't use Winamp, and the hum is really bothering you that much, learn how to use Winamp.  :-)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
There is a Contact LiveATC link on the front page for reporting issues.  The forum is not a great place to report issues like this.