Author Topic: Feeds that need a little more attention or that we would like an update on.  (Read 11974 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Feed 1 - KLAX Tower 2, volume needs to be turned up on the stereo tower feed.  In addition to KLAX Tower 2 needing some adjustment, So Cal Departure for KLAX still needs its squelch adjusted. 

Feed 2 - KSFO Tower 2, run by Ken.  Volume needs to be turned up a tad on that and on his SFO departure feeds.

Feed 3 - BWI Tower is having a bit of trouble staying connected. 

Feed 4 - CLT Tower, audio quality goes up and down as you listen, sounds like you are underwater sometimes.

Background on how I know this:  I took an hour or so today to update all my feeds that are in my iTunes, so I noticed some that were having some issues.  I'm glad I could be of assistance and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And I am very happy to be part of the "Live ATC audio quality team"  in 2014, at least for the feeds that I frequent.  Take care everyone and we will be in touch soon.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Thanks…always appreciate these reports.  We always try to get to these improvements as soon as we can.  Not always possible to do them quickly due to the remote locations some of the feeds are in.

Dave

I mentioned the BWI one because I am going to want to listen to my mom's flight in to BWI and it only stayed connected for about a minute.  Just wanted to pop that in there for ya.  Dave I really hope you are staying warm!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
The BWI site has been having a lot of internet outage issues…haven't received any outage notifications so I think it's fine.

I will check it again Tuesday morning and I will update you via email.

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Thanks Chananya on the update and your QC "Quality Control" notes!

Some of my feeds for example KSFO Tower #2 should get "re-branded" and updated since I have both Tower and Ground on that feed. Future plan is to have the Left (Tower) / Right (Ground) speaker setup so nothing gets missed in the archives. I'll try to increase the volume a tad bit on that feed without clipping.

My KSFO NORCAL App Rwy 28L/R is actually set up as Left / Right channel feed with great reception now. Thanks to listener Pete for offering some great suggestions on frequency pairing.

The NORCAL Departure (KOAK) feed also covers KSFO departures as well.

There's other improvements in the making plus having company frequencies for both Oakland and San Francisco available. Switching over to Raspberry Pi's is also on the "to do" list. :-)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:03:53 AM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
I am looking at the other SFO feeds this week since I am in the area…also looking for a potential new location that will help with ground reception.

Hey dave, are you coming up this way?

Offline Steelrman

While we're on the topic, any word on when KILG will be up again? It was all static before going down.  BTW, bought the app from iTunes and it rocks on my iPad.

Offline lajim

One other suggestion for the LAX Tower feed - please consider adding 127.85, which is a special-use Tower frequency during emergency landings.  If an emergency aircraft is destined for LAX, then SOCAL will always hand off the flight to 127.85 (not 120.95 or 133.9).  The fire-rescue trucks will also be on 127.85 so they can receive updates from the Tower (e.g., next to land 25R) and to communicate directly with the aircraft once it is on the ground without having to compete with all the usual tower traffic.  In many cases, the 127.85 Tower will be simulcast with 120.95 but it would be easier if 127.85 were on the scan so both sides could be heard.  127.85 is only active during emergencies so it shouldn't interfere during normal ops.  Great Feed!  Thanks!  

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Feeds that need a little more attention or that we would like an update on.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
Hey dave, are you coming up this way?

Just SFO/SJC area this week.

Offline todoftempe

Would it be possible to increase the volume for KCHD?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:07:35 PM by todoftempe »

I almost forgot about this thread.  And I was the one that started it!  LOL:)  Well, now that I see that we have a KBUR feed back, I would say why don't we add 128.75 to the mix.  One more frequency wouldn't hurt and it would complete the Burbank area.  At least for departures and most arrivals.