Author Topic: Feeds never play, red minus sign  (Read 3154 times)

Offline mikedelta720

Feeds never play, red minus sign
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:00:52 PM »
Hi everyone, I can't play any feeds on my laptop anymore for some reason. It's been a few weeks now, and I have all the latest Adobe Flash Player installed and everything. Clicking the play button won't do anything, the timer remains at 00:00 and on the top corner of the 0, there is a red minus sign. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Feeds never play, red minus sign
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
Can't reproduce that on any machines here. Do you have a firewall issue or some other network issue that could be causing it? If this is at work, perhaps they are blocking streaming media?

Offline mikedelta720

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »
I see, so how to I prevent my firewall from blocking it? I just checked, it currently is being managed by Norton, and I can't figure out how to do it.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
I see, so how to I prevent my firewall from blocking it? I just checked, it currently is being managed by Norton, and I can't figure out how to do it.

First try disabling the firewall...you likely already have a router providing firewall service. If that doesn't work then contact us via the contact form and we can take this offline.

Offline mikedelta720

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 08:55:56 PM »
I found out that the culprit is Ghostery, a privacy browser extension that I had for Google Chrome. My problem has been solved, thanks!