airtraffic

Author Topic: Feed Archive Issues  (Read 3405 times)

Offline dorothygarcia31

Feed Archive Issues
« on: March 08, 2023, 08:49:55 PM »
I’ve noticed across a couple weeks that many feed archives are shorter than the specified duration (example: 2100-2130 archive is only 7 minutes long). These shortened recording contain dead air so I doubt it’s a result of dead air being removed.

FWIW I’ve seen this across multiple ZOA, NorCal TRACON, and Tower feeds so I’m kinda thinking it’s not a specific feed problem. Anyone know the reason behind this?

Thanks to all the feeders and folks that run this site, I’m not trying to sound complainy here. Mostly just curious if there’s a reason behind this issue.

Offline RonR

Re: Feed Archive Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 02:26:28 PM »
There may be several reasons for this.  Many times it could be network issues that prevent a recording from being properly archived, a server issue during the recording process or maybe there were problems at the feed site itself (feed goes down for whatever reason).  But it's definitely not because dead air is being edited out.  Unfortunately, this does happen from time to time.  You can check out the FAQ section that might give you answers to other questions you might have:

https://www.liveatc.net/faq/

I hope this helps.

Ron
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 02:32:07 PM by RonR »