Author Topic: Newbie Antenna Q  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Jaa

Newbie Antenna Q
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:31:06 AM »
Hi, I enjoyed listening to ATC many years ago until other interests took over, I have now retired so have more time to get back into this hobby, I still have an old Realistic 2006 scanner and would like to construct an simple airband antenna, the one I used and made some years ago measured around   3feet two pieces of copper pipe into a plastic T-piece and connected together with coax cable and erected vertical, problem is I have mislaid the drawing, can anyone help with correct lengths for each of the two copper lengths.  I have seen the Q Re: J/pole but feel this antenna is far to big. I have good line of sight and hight of local airport 10 miles. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:32:11 PM by Jaa »

Offline FlyCMI

Re: Newbie Antenna Q
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:52:08 PM »
I'm interested in the same thing also, does anyone have directions on how to construct a Jpole antenna for the correct lengths for the airband?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: Newbie Antenna Q
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »
I'm interested in the same thing also, does anyone have directions on how to construct a Jpole antenna for the correct lengths for the airband?

Search the Feed Setup Pictures forum for "J-pole" in and you'll find a few links, instructions, and demensions I posted.