airtraffic

Author Topic: FAGM Rand Airport, Johannesburg - Assistance Please  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Bell 407

FAGM Rand Airport, Johannesburg - Assistance Please
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:26:34 AM »
Hi All,

I have been busy over the last week setting up a live feed from Rand Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa.

The software side of things works perfectly. However I have a question for assistance on the hardware (radio/scanner) side of things.

I initially tried using a Maycom AR108 as the feed allows for dual watch and swapping between frequencies. I have found that when connecting the audio jack into the socket on the radio no audio feed was heard at all. However, when removing the jack from the radio, once past the first click-stop, the audio stream was heard. Frustrating as it was, it seemed that an audo stream could only be heard when the audio jack was about one third of the way into the socket. I even tried using a mono audio cable thinking that this would rectify the problem.

Today I have subsituted the Maycom with an Icom IC A20 and the audio stream is working perfectly at: http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/fagm.m3u . I am using the orginal stereo audio cable which is fully loaded into the audio socket on the Icom radio.

Does anyone have any advice on this issue as I would rather use the Maycom for its dual watch function and at least add on another frequency.

Looking forward to your replies,

Marc.

Offline vz1

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:55:20 AM »
how farr is jnb from this airport.  what i herd on your site was good and i wanted to know if jnb would sound as good.

Offline vz1

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 05:55:57 AM »
how farr is jnb from this airport.  what i herd on your site was good and i wanted to know if jnb would sound as good.