airtraffic

Author Topic: Requesting Busy feed for a project  (Read 7184 times)

Offline hyp3rc0rn

Requesting Busy feed for a project
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »
Hey guys i'm new to this community I really enjoy the service you guys provide... i don't know if i placed this on the right forum but I have a project for my career pathway and i'm building a power point on Air Traffic Controlling i want to put a 2-3 minute sound byte playing in the background while i'm demonstrating my slides... i don't have any sound recording software so i would greatly appreciate your help

Thanks

Offline atcman23

Re: Requesting Busy feed for a project
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Search the LiveATC Archives:

http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php

You can choose a date, time, and the facility you want to listen to.  They are in half-hour increments, though.  You can always just pick a busy airport at what is typically a busy time and you'll have plenty of activity.  If you have a PC, you can use Windows Movie Maker to shorten the sound file.  You can then "publish" the "movie" (it'll just be a sound file with no video) as a .WMV file, so you'll need to utilize Windows Media Player to play the clip.

It's a rough way of doing it, but, it'll work.  And since you don't have the sound recording/editing software, then it's about your only option.

Hope this helps!

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
In addition to what atcman23 says, you may want to read through some of the postings and download various clips and use a program to merge the ATC clips together into one file.  A freeware program called Wavepad that I use will fit the bill, but there are many other freeware programs that will do this.

The attachments are usually at the bottom of the first posting in a thread if it's about a particular event.

Offline atcman23

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:28:46 PM »
AH I was was trying to think of a freeware program that does some editing!!  It's rough but it'll work for what he needs to do I think.  It's been a long time since I've used that particular program myself, so I can't remember.

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times - Use Audacity!  :-D

Very easy to use, very small download (~3mb) and best of all, free and open source!
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Should do what you're looking for!

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:05 AM »
I've been using Audacity here too. I recommend it. :-)

Offline Himerzi

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
I'd suggest using this clip,  sounds like what your looking for: http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/one-of-the-very-best-approach-controllers-(n90-ewr)/ . Its probably a bit longer than necessary, but like these guys said, you can cut it down.