airtraffic

Author Topic: EIDW Request If possible ?  (Read 6088 times)

Offline aidandisney

• EI-BAT
    • My Site
EIDW Request If possible ?
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
Hello m50,

Ive got a question well no a Request ? Could you add an extra frequency into the EIDW Feed ? The frequency is 119.925 Dublin Holding Controller, this frequency is being used alot more now than ever before manily on Weekend and when there is a reason for alot of Air Traffic I.E Rugby World Cup  :lol:

Just taought it would be good experience to hear what its like too when its in use ?

Thanks in advance

Offline tonycork

Re: EIDW Request If possible ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
I think there are enough frequencies already especially at busy times. If any more are added it will be difficult to follow the feed. In fact if it were possible I think the clearance delivery and ground frequencies should be on a different feed something similar to the way Amsterdam is set up.

Great feed M50. I figure it must be nearly time for you to go away again on a trip... :-( :-( :-(

Offline aidandisney

• EI-BAT
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:30:23 PM »
Yea tony a trip which makes me very sad  :-( :-( :-( Erm .. Yea maybe . i dont know ?? yea it does get really busy but id still would be good for to hear the Holding Controller some how  :roll:

Offline tonycork

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »
I find at busy periods you might only hear 1 call from a particular flight from the time it asks for clearance until its handover to UK control.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:38:09 PM »
I find at busy periods you might only hear 1 call from a particular flight from the time it asks for clearance until its handover to UK control.

I agree. Loading up the radios with too many frequencies just ruins the experience, you can't follow any flights, follow the traffic flow, all you end up hearing is what sounds like a bunch of random transmissions, a total mess. Why some people seem to prefer this is beyond me ? If this is what the majority want then so be it, but I find that hard to believe ? More people need to speak out against this practice ! And before anyone gets on my case I've donated money and radios to this site and will donate more radios to break up more sectors, but in the mean time hopefully a more logical frequency selection process can be implemented on some of the radios here.

In this Dublin case, when it's busy, you aren't going to hear much of the holding controller because they are going to be blocked out by all the other frequencies and vice versa. Even as it is now it's too busy, as someone else already mentioned here it would be better without ground and delivery on there. The only logical solution is to get more radios, but in the meantime why overload the one radio that is avaialable !? DJ

Offline m50

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:26:03 AM »
Hi Guys...I very welcome very much the interest in EIDW and have read and noted all the points made by Aidan, Tony and Jetscan..
..As traffic has built up in EIDW over the past months the freqs are very very busy  Unfortunatly it will not be possible to set up another stream....this is not due to financial/scanner..reasons  but to my inability to manage it on my IT systems I have other non aviation demands on it

However I could look at taking off one of the ground freqs and add the holding 119.95.

I do in fact have to go back across the big pond from OCT 18th to Nov 16th  so I cant do anything until then as the stream will have to be down in my absence    but I will  do a temp switch on my return

Offline aidandisney

• EI-BAT
    • My Site
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
m50 thanks for the reply ..

yes maybe on your return you could take away DEL or GND and add Holding in for a month or so ..  :? but then our luck the Holding position wont be open at all during the month   :-D :-D :-D ill probley have to invest in a radio and a good set-up  and maybe get some of them or EIME/EIWT.

i was just trying to say it would be cool to hear a position like Holding

as for the trip i think we are all sad  :-( :-( :-(  :wink:

Thanks,
Aidan Disney

P.S. Thanks for great feed  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:07:49 PM by aidandisney »